Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Did It! First Bike - 2015 Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Govno
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, post some pics when you get it back!

Old 04-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wg 2015

Nice job man. This is my first Harley (11 Wg.) as well. Its a Great bike. Fun cool cruiser. Love my Big radius pipes. But those stocks without the baffles sound pretty darn good on the cheap. I say Hog um out. The stock pipe are not worth anything, anyway. Have fun.

Attached Thumbnails Finally Did It! First Bike - 2015 Wide Glide-wp_20141227_008.jpg  
Old 04-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! Take your time with mods because you will never be done.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Edsal
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Still no bike

Here is a before pic. The two things I had changed on the paint were 1. remove the blue stripe from around the flames and 2. center console was shiny. I had them paint that Denim Black as well.

So... they brought the bike in from TN this past Sat and upon inspection, I found a paint glob on the center console and they forgot to install the engine guard. The paint glob wasn't so big that I couldn't live with it if I had to but the engine guard was kind of a big thing to miss. So, I told him to go ahead and put it back on the trailer and take it back to get both things fixed. Odds are, I won't see it again until this weekend. Hopefully.

After seeing it on the asphalt in front of my house, DAMN THAT THING IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to actually get on it and ride. I'll post pics the minute it gets back. Well, maybe after about 50 miles.

Last edited by Edsal; 04-08-2015 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Before Pic
Old 04-08-2015, 11:00 PM
71on72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,248 Likes on 8,514 Posts

Congratulations. I just bought a new 2014 Wide Glide today. Got a great deal. Been riding a Sportster 72. Time to step up to bigger bike for longer rides.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Edsal
Advanced
Default Very nice!

Originally Posted by 71on72
Congratulations. I just bought a new 2014 Wide Glide today. Got a great deal. Been riding a Sportster 72. Time to step up to bigger bike for longer rides.

That's awesome. Congrats! I really liked the black with red flames. You should post some pics, if you haven't already.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:41 AM
retxpres
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw this color scheme yesterday at a local dealer. Look really good!

Old 04-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Edsal
Advanced

Originally Posted by retxpres
I saw this color scheme yesterday at a local dealer. Look really good!

Thanks. I really like the black denim but I also think the flames are a call to the style of bike. Yours is pretty sick too. Only thing I had to do was get rid of the blue pinstrip. They brought it to the house last week. Looks really good, I think, but had that glob on the dash. Had to take it back. They did tell me they'd have it back to me tomorrow, Monday. I'll take a few pics and put them on.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:40 AM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know why they bother putting that passenger pad on, that thing look pretty worthless. is there some law that says bike have to have passenger seats? I bet atleast half of the buyers take that thing off immediately.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:52 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
I don't know why they bother putting that passenger pad on, that thing look pretty worthless. is there some law that says bike have to have passenger seats? I bet atleast half of the buyers take that thing off immediately.
And when you take it off you'll see just how cheaply the pillion and rider seat are made as well. I think when it comes to the Wide Glide having it setup for a passenger is all part of the look, like the flames on the tank, to me it must have the flames and passenger pillion. On my '05 NightTrain I set it up as a solo with apes and no sissybar and it looked great but with my Wide Glides I always add the passenger pillion and pegs, trying to keep that original WG look and flow to the bike. My bike will never have a passenger on her, my Lady has her own bike, but the 'look' is important, I mean, it's a Wide Glide afterall

Edit: I took this image yesterday just before her first ride of the season, she just looks right with the passenger pillion and pegs!

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 04-12-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally Did It! First Bike - 2015 Wide Glide