Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FXDB Front running lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 12:17 PM
labriejp
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 FXDB Front running lights

I had a front turn signal relocation done when I changed my bars to drag bars. Recently I noticed my left "running light" did not work, the right side did however. The turn signal portion worked fine.

Last night I changed the bulb (used one from autozone, matches size/shape/filaments of stock bulb)

Now when I turn my ignition on, neither running light comes on steady, but both turn signals and hazards work just fine.

Wondering if this is a bulb issue, wiring issue, or do I need to do the BCM Hazzards auto-learn procedure so the bike can know I have a bulb in there again.

Any thoughts from the community?

Old 04-07-2015, 12:22 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Are you sure the bulb is seated properly into the socket?

Old 04-07-2015, 12:25 PM
labriejp
Stage III

Pretty sure, it was kind of a pain to get the bulb fully inserted where it would turn counterclockwise and then stay.

When first turning on the ignition, the both running lights flash very quickly then stay off while the headlight stays on.

Kind of weird because the other filament that controls the blinker and hazards work fine on both bulbs.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:18 AM
labriejp
Stage III

As an update to this. I did perform the turn signal auto-learn function last night with no joy.
All of a sudden out of nowhere, I get a fuel malfunction, where my fuel gauge reads Empty, and my Lo Rng and fuel light blinks consistently on the speedo.

I checked the codes and came up with these
B2168 - Running Lights Short
B2169 - Running Lights Circuit > 3 Amps
B1210 - Fuel Sender Short/Open

I tried to clear these, but no joy on that.
I think it's clear that I have some electrical/wiring gremlins going on, more than likely in the same place (where that is I'm not quite sure).. where I have a wire or multiple wires shorting to ground or opening up.

It could be at the fusebox, the BCM, under the tank, could be two separate problems, or have a bad BCM.
I hope the warranty covers it all. Will find out soon and try to update this post with the results so if anyone else has the same issues maybe they can find a solution

Old 07-05-2016, 07:43 PM
_Will_
2nd Gear

Hi, I'm having the exact same issues. after doing a front turn signal relocation.
Did you solve the problem? I read a few post like these but they never say what they did to fix the problem.
2015 fxdf Fat Bob.

Thanks
Will

Old 07-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Those bulbs are very tricky. Just when you think you have it in properly, you don't. I would recommend checking to make sure you a 1157 dual filament bulb in there.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:49 PM
_Will_
2nd Gear

Same bulb as before and everything was fine before the relocation.
i'll check them anyways. Thanks.
The only thing not working is the fuel gauge. all lights, seem to be ok.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master

Something must have been jiggled out of place. You may just want to pull the tank, and sort through all the wiring in the backbone. If you used the HD relocation kit, then chances are, there's a chit ton of extra wire jammed inside the neck area. My HD relocation kit must have come with an extra 12" of wire on each turn signal.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:01 AM
_Will_
2nd Gear

So before work i removed the bulbs from the front turn signal and all was back to normal. So after work i'll have to recheck all that HD kit connection and sockets for the bulb. Thanks Maxxxsmart for pointing me in the right direction.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:18 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master

No problem... This forum has been a life saver, being a first time bike owner myself.

Tank removal isn't terribly hard, that is, if you have never done it before. I would suggest exhausting all possibilities with this front bulbs before tank removal. Like I said, those bulbs can be tough.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2013 FXDB Front running lights