Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H 2-2 or Samson Hellraisers?? Which is better and why?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Edsal
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H 2-2 or Samson Hellraisers?? Which is better and why?

Hey guys. Just bought a 2015 WG in time for this riding season. Only things I've done so far are engine guard and custom paint (couldn't live with the blue pinstripe around the flame - I think it looks awesome now).

I'm looking at new pipes for my first REAL mod. I like the looks of both the V&H Big Radius 2-2 and the Samson Hellraisers. Can someone tell me why they think one is better than the other and please include pics if you have them installed.

Thanks and much appreciated! And I'll start with the pics, here's mine!

Old 04-23-2015, 11:05 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Have fun with the new bike!

Personally I am bias toward the V&H cause thats what I own. Performance wise I would be willing to bet no difference significant enough to matter being both are 2into2 pipes. This is a decision your going to have to make based on which one you like the looks of better.

Last edited by WG2011; 04-27-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Edsal
Advanced

Cool. Thanks for the reply. Your pipes look awesome! I love that wrap. I've thought about doing the same thing to mine but I've heard it can crack the pipe. What do you know about that?

And hey, I really dig those handle bars. How high are those and who makes them? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

Originally Posted by WG2011
Have fun with the new bike!

Personally I am bias toward the V&H cause thats what I won. Performance wise I would be willing to bet no difference significant enough to matter being both are 2into2 pipes. This is a decision your going to have to make based on which one you like the looks of better.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:59 PM
MacKo2000
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have hellraisers on my wg. No complaints. Though I'm thinking about jumping to a 2n1. Fatcat or lsr

Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Good looking bike!
I got the V & H so I can tell you I like them. Performance is good but I wouldn't mind them being a bit louder.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Ironcleveland
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad has the V&H on his Street Bob and he loves them. No experience with the Samson pipes, but they look pretty low. Either way you be able to drag the lower pipe, but the Samsons are definitely going to be easier

Old 04-27-2015, 03:31 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have heard the cracking pipes thing as well but I have done it do a few other pipes before with no issues. I personally think if you like them wrapped do it, by the time it messes up the pipe (if it actually does) the bike may not be your anymore and you will have upgraded or its a great excuse to get a new pipe LOL

Originally Posted by Edsal
Cool. Thanks for the reply. Your pipes look awesome! I love that wrap. I've thought about doing the same thing to mine but I've heard it can crack the pipe. What do you know about that?

And hey, I really dig those handle bars. How high are those and who makes them? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:21 PM
MacKo2000
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is my 11 FXDWG w/samson hellraisers. Taken last Friday at our wing MC safety day.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Edsal
Advanced
Default Good point

I might just go ahead and do that. I've only heard of them cracking in one case and I don't know exactly how long they were on. Could have been years. As it stands right now, I don't plan on selling the bike, ever, but the only constant in life is change so who knows. Well, change and the never relenting tax man.

Originally Posted by WG2011
I have heard the cracking pipes thing as well but I have done it do a few other pipes before with no issues. I personally think if you like them wrapped do it, by the time it messes up the pipe (if it actually does) the bike may not be your anymore and you will have upgraded or its a great excuse to get a new pipe LOL

Old 04-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Edsal
Advanced
Default Nice Pipes!

Wow. Those look really good. Have you ever scraped them in a turn?

Originally Posted by MacKo2000

Here is my 11 FXDWG w/samson hellraisers. Taken last Friday at our wing MC safety day.

Quick Reply: V&H 2-2 or Samson Hellraisers?? Which is better and why?