Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

50500247 Footboard kit from Switchback to '06FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 09:07 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 50500247 Footboard kit from Switchback to '06FXDB

Hey guys, ordered a take-off set of boards from a Switchback.

Comes with everything pictured:

What I am seeing is that there is no shift shaft lever, which I'm sure was left on the Switchback since it would require removal of the primary.

The lever for Switcback is #33900004 and the one on my Bob is #33849-97.

I am assuming the Switchback one is longer?

Has anyone isnalled the HD kit #50500247 without changing that shaft on a model that came with mids or forwards too i guess.

I have no issues with removing primary since I am pulling my 30T pulley anyways and it has to come off for that...just want to order the shift arm if needed.

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2015, 09:26 AM
linewatch
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered the kit for my 06 street Bob but the previous owner had forwards installed already. It went on easy and had the mids shaft removed. I should still have the shaft and all the gaskets to replace it in the garage. Since mine had the forwards installed I did not have to open the primary. Let me know if you want to trade. I am on vacation now but I should be home by Wednesday.
Take care

Old 04-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

I have forwards i installed when bike was new but i used a 2005 kit on my 2006. The rod just touched the inner primary case so I used a round file to give clearance and with the shifter position is not a problem.

It did not have a different shift arm. I have had the primary off a couple times so the old mid shifter has been gone for a while.

I did a quick search on Ronnies (microfiche) but it showed the same shift arm for forward or mids...just different length rods, and the controls, etc.

This makes me wonder if a different arm is needed...this may be a case of better safe than sorry. You can PM me on what you want for the arm, etc. I am in Pa zip 15725.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:02 AM
jcgribks
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you buy the kit? I've already got forwards and I don't really need all the gaskets and the trains shift arm that come in the HD 50500247 kit. I basically need what you have pictured.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:43 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks like the shaft you have is for mid controls. Yes the new pn is longer for forwards I believe same part for other bikes with forwards.

Last edited by mattVA; 04-25-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jcgribks
Where did you buy the kit? I've already got forwards and I don't really need all the gaskets and the trains shift arm that come in the HD 50500247 kit. I basically need what you have pictured.
Ebay...was just looking around and found it.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mattVA
Looks like the shaft you have is for mid controls. Yes the new pn is longer for forwards I believe same part for other bikes with forwards.
The part I am talking about is the shift arm that bolts onto the shaft which is behind the primary.

The shift rod in the pic seems to be the right one.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:10 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mascman
The part I am talking about is the shift arm that bolts onto the shaft which is behind the primary.

The shift rod in the pic seems to be the right one.
I know I was referring to the part numbers you listed. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. You need to swap your shift arm for the one off a forward control bike.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Mascman.
In previous threads, people have installed that footboard kit without removing the 2 primaries to change the shift shaft lever, but some have complained that it is harder to find neutral because of the shorter shaft. If you are going in there, might as well get the longer shaft. IMO

Old 04-25-2015, 09:00 PM
turboc
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I purchased and installed a kit like that from eBay for my '06 FXDLI. It was only $275+shipping and a great deal. You need to watch out for the brake rod length because the one included in the kit was too long by a couple inches. Luckily I already had forward controls and used my existing rod. I really like the floorboards and should have bought them sooner.

The shifter rod should work. If you have mids, then you will need to find a way to lock the mid shifter arm into position. Most likely with a custom made bracket that locks the shifter to one of the primary cover bolts.

Last edited by turboc; 04-25-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 50500247 Footboard kit from Switchback to '06FXDB