Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Police_dad
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade

First time owner and have a question. What's the best way to go about the stage 1 upgrade? One at a time or all at once? I'm wanting to go louder and not sacrifice performance.. Any help would be most appreciated

Old 04-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Sebass
Advanced

Opinions will vary on this...

I myself just got doing stage 1, I would say do it all at once if you can. My Bob is at the shop getting a dyno right now since stage 1 is all I'm going to do. You could also go with XiEDs which will make the bike run better. If you have plans for future upgrades then look into a programmer. Point is, you're gonna need some type of fuel management system once you add exhaust or an air cleaner. I've heard good things about the Fuel Moto PowerVision

Last edited by Sebass; 04-27-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:36 PM
Police_dad
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Sebass
Opinions will vary on this...

I myself just got doing stage 1, I would say do it all at once if you can. My Bob is at the shop getting a dyno right now since stage 1 is all I'm going to do. You could also go with XiEDs which will make the bike run better. If you have plans for future upgrades then look into a programmer. Point is, you're gonna need some type of fuel management system once you add exhaust or an air cleaner. I've heard going things about the PowerVision
Is a programmer something that stays permanent on the bike or just a one time thing?

Old 04-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I'd do it all at once. You almost have to in my opinion. If you're doing this on a new bike and haven't broken in the engine yet I would not do it one at a time. I plan to go with the Vance and Hines FP3, because I like vance and hines. Its very user friendly, but most of the new generation tuners are. Asking about tuners is like asking about which oil is best.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:00 PM
echoicse
Intermediate

I understand the thought process behind Stage 1 undertaking. When I went to my H.D. dealer and asked about changing air cleaner to a Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 and exhaust. My H.D. dealer told me to change one-at-a-time to allow computer to recalculate itself. And that's what I exactly did with my '08 FXDC...first Stage 1 air cleaner then second exhaust. No problems!! (picture you see of my bike is old...need to refresh picture in the future)

Old 04-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by echoicse
I understand the thought process behind Stage 1 undertaking. When I went to my H.D. dealer and asked about changing air cleaner to a Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 and exhaust. My H.D. dealer told me to change one-at-a-time to allow computer to recalculate itself. And that's what I exactly did with my '08 FXDC...first Stage 1 air cleaner then second exhaust. No problems!! (picture you see of my bike is old...need to refresh picture in the future)
Your dealer told you it was ok to install a S1AC without a map? What dealer was that?

Old 04-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Sebass
Advanced
Arrow

Originally Posted by Police_dad
Is a programmer something that stays permanent on the bike or just a one time thing?
Stays permanent on the bike, there are piggyback programmers such as the Power Commander or the TTS which is not (someone chime in if I'm wrong please).

These guys will definitely be able to help you out with all of your tuning questions and needs:

http://www.fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Police_dad
The Power Vision (PV) does not need to remain on the bike.

You can flash your tune to your ECM and then remove the PV.

You can leave the PV mounted as long as you wish if you use some of it's other features, like during Auto-tune mode or it can display up to six gauges or data at one time.

The PV is so user friendly you do not even need to stay at a Holiday Inn the night before.

If it was any easier to use even a Cave Blue Man could operate one!

Old 04-25-2015, 11:09 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Ditto to what suede says, the fp3 can be removed once flashed. Most people can agree that you can do either an AC or exhaust one at a time without doing a tune. Many have done both without it as well but the entire idea to me of doing a stage one is to have the bike perform better and a tuner will do that

Old 04-25-2015, 11:28 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

All at once. Fuel moto powervision. Do it.

Quick Reply: Upgrade