Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBC Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:56 AM
bringtheruckus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now they are showing only a rear on their site. These things got me super curious haha

Old 06-23-2015, 10:05 AM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Subscribed

Old 06-26-2015, 06:23 AM
lentuk
Intermediate
Received 103 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone have these on their bike yet?

Old 06-26-2015, 01:05 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

A friend of mine with a Street Bob was trying different suspension upgrades to get rid of rear end sway 95 to 100 mph. None of those upgrades worked. He then trued True-Track and still couldn't get rid of that swaying rear end. Some local Indy suggested they next try the BBC motor mount. He had that installed a few weeks ago and said he hasn't had any rear end sway since.

I rode his bike before the install and experience that sway as well. But I haven't ridden it since, so I don't have any first hand experience and can't actually offer a personal opinion of the product. So far, he's real happy with it though.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:14 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
A friend of mine with a Street Bob was trying different suspension upgrades to get rid of rear end sway 95 to 100 mph. None of those upgrades worked. He then trued True-Track and still couldn't get rid of that swaying rear end. Some local Indy suggested they next try the BBC motor mount. He had that installed a few weeks ago and said he hasn't had any rear end sway since.

I rode his bike before the install and experience that sway as well. But I haven't ridden it since, so I don't have any first hand experience and can't actually offer a personal opinion of the product. So far, he's real happy with it though.
Good to hear. This next winter I'm planning to tighten up the chassis a bit, so will be adding the Vibra front mount and the rear BBC (unless I hear something back before then).

Old 06-26-2015, 03:02 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I replaced my front motor mount because even with the Sputhe i had a wobble over 90. Now it's solid as a rock

Old 07-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Stupid question (?) But by not allowing any lateral movement where is the stress being transferred too? I'm guessing the mount itself, which is fine as it's replaceable but if it's the engine or case that could be bad over time. Or does it not make a difference. I'm sure they thought of this, just curious.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

So you wouldn't be able to have forward controls or highway pegs with the Big Bear front mount? Does anyone know of a front mount for a '15? (Other than the BBC) I'm having high speed wobble as well.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:11 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireguy88
So you wouldn't be able to have forward controls or highway pegs with the Big Bear front mount? Does anyone know of a front mount for a '15? (Other than the BBC) I'm having high speed wobble as well.
Why wouldn't you be able to mount forward controls or highway pegs w/ the BBC.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:25 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Why wouldn't you be able to mount forward controls or highway pegs w/ the BBC.
Because the front mount connects like this:

Personally, I prefer the design of the VT mount, as it fits in the stock location.

Last edited by DesertDyna; 08-06-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: BBC Motor Mount