Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 black installation help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 01:02 PM
2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy's Avatar
2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 black installation help !!!

I've talked to a lot of people that tell me to get air intake as well as retune the bike if i want to install Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2.

Today at the dealership the service technician told me I do not need to get a tuner if i just want to install the exhaust.

So my question is I am tight for cash right now because of other commitments but I would like to get the exhaust done for my wife's bike.

Do i need to get a tuner as well as a new air intake if I just want to install Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 exhaust?

Old 05-21-2015, 01:09 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

U don't have to re tune for just exhaust, or just for a new intake but it would definitely help.. Get a set of xieds to add more fuel and skip the tune.. I have a set for sale lol

Old 05-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Tourer

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
U don't have to re tune for just exhaust, or just for a new intake but it would definitely help.. Get a set of xieds to add more fuel and skip the tune.. I have a set for sale lol

Thank you for fast reply:

I am aiming to get Vance and Hines FuelPak FP3 and their Vo2 naked air intake in the future but for now I can only afford the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 for her.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:28 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy
Thank you for fast reply:

I am aiming to get Vance and Hines FuelPak FP3 and their Vo2 naked air intake in the future but for now I can only afford the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 for her.

Just for thought for down the road, do a bit of research on the DK Custom Thunder Torque Inserts, I used them when I installed the V&H Big Radius 2-2 on a NightTrain and they really made a difference in bringing back the bottom and mid range performance the pipes had softened... they sounded better too, the bright V&H rasp was replaced with a deeper tone

Old 05-21-2015, 01:35 PM
Tourer

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Just for thought for down the road, do a bit of research on the DK Custom Thunder Torque Inserts, I used them when I installed the V&H Big Radius 2-2 on a NightTrain and they really made a difference in bringing back the bottom and mid range performance the pipes had softened... they sounded better too, the bright V&H rasp was replaced with a deeper tone
Ok thanks mate I will do some research on that thank you for the tips.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:04 PM
motorend
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

You might find that the biggest disadvantage to only installing an exhaust system is the decel pop. I installed pythons staggered and it was horrific. Threw a k&n in the stock housing and installed an fp3 and its near perfect.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:17 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Torque inserts didn't work for my hooker troublemakers which are basically the same as the radius. I dnt remember what brand they are but they are all close to the same and don't do much. I have a set of those too I'd sell lol.. As with everything results vary from person to person and bike to bike I'd say skip the torque crap because u won't notice it because u are going from stock to a little better than stock so ur but dyno will only register a gain.. Ur right hand will twist more as well.. I'd also say get some xieds cheap and will fix any decel pop for most people

Old 05-22-2015, 07:33 AM
Tourer

Originally Posted by motorend
You might find that the biggest disadvantage to only installing an exhaust system is the decel pop. I installed pythons staggered and it was horrific. Threw a k&n in the stock housing and installed an fp3 and its near perfect.
I read online somewhere other people had decel pop problem but it went away after using FP3 so i think i will get the FP3 when i have money

Old 08-28-2015, 12:28 AM
enomis
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious. Was the install easy? I installed some other baffles a while back but they didn't fit perfectly... Which one did you get exactly?

Old 08-28-2015, 12:38 AM
enomis
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which torque did you get? Easy installation? Also would it be the same on a sportster?