Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall brakes/LR Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 10:45 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

One word.....,.JEALOUS!!!

Cool stuff

Old 05-21-2015, 10:52 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks great! Give us a review of the braking improvement with the Lyndall rotors when you get a chance

Old 05-21-2015, 11:16 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh man suede you suck... That setup looks great man, the LR wheels almost look like the old 13 spoke when you put those black rotors in front of them. I just got the right leg, I'll be keeping my eye out for a LR front wheel. Great job man, big props

Old 05-21-2015, 11:23 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Very nice Suede, been eyeing Lyndall composite rotors myself. My favorite mods are always performance type and better braking along with less unsprung weight is a double bonus!

Can't give up a great beer though...one of the biggest pleasures in life - just had a Pliny the Elder beer from Russian River Brewery today...soooo good.
Thanks man, glad you stopped by, those are the glasses I mentioned to you in your thread.
I would down a nice German weizen if given the chance

Originally Posted by AdamM
Looks great! Give us a review of the braking improvement with the Lyndall rotors when you get a chance
Will do, thanks!

Originally Posted by monster715
Oh man suede you suck... That setup looks great man, the LR wheels almost look like the old 13 spoke when you put those black rotors in front of them. I just got the right leg, I'll be keeping my eye out for a LR front wheel. Great job man, big props
Thanks much Bud, just trying to keep up with you, or if I can't keep up at least look good trying

Old 05-22-2015, 01:41 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Been working on gathering the parts for this for couple good months it seems now, waited awhile for a rear rotor since nobody had/has one including Lyndall.
Couldn't wait any longer to get it done so have pushed on with stock rear rotor.

Picked up the rear wheel from Ebay from someone who trashed their LR; plan was to pick the parts up on Ebay but I decided not to trust any front wheels unless they were take offs, worried about how perfectly round a front would be from an accident. Rears have better protection so was more confident in it used.

Ended up going to Surdyke for all the rest of the brake components for peace of mind.

Lyndall front rotors from Hogpro, they were great to deal with, I think I bought their last pair.

Brake lines and fittings are Goodridge Ebony Series from JP Cycles, I'll post the part numbers if anyone is interested.
I reversed the "tee" under the bottom triple cause of clearance from the frame and fitting/brake line from Master. Tried to make it all as tidy and neat as possible.

We've had rain past couple of weeks and will for another week so haven't rode it yet and actually still have to run fluid through the lines but thought I'd get this out to press.

Had the wheels PC, bought the Heartland Wheel Bearing Puller/Installer and made that all simple and saved a bundle from having a shop do it. Froze the new bearings in the freezer for a week. Used just the slightest amount of grease on them to install and if it was any easier I could have mashed them in with my bare hands, freezing them is key to that.

Those Lyndall rotors, I tell ya, if they were any lighter tying a helium ballon to them would weigh them down, they are light as feathers.

Thanks to members Buellrider76 and Peter Black for their threads about their dual conversions. I wasn't going to do this but I was reading their threads one day and then it just clicked in me how bolt-on this would be and figured, what the hell, WWIII is upon us, drought is upon us, over-population is upon us, ISIS attacks us from within, our leadership doesn't give a serious rats *** about our country any more, death is assured sooner or later, doubtful the latter, so again, what the hell, might as well do it.

I gave up drinking in November so that saved me a ton of dough, I'm still irratible half the time but I've lost 10lbs so, what the hell. Although putting that damn window tint on my fork tubes is much harder straight then looped. Last year I did both perfectly the first time with no flaws, now, nothing but flaws, but again, what the hell, what are you gonna do.

Anyway, here's where I am at the moment:

Suede, Nice job. I wish I had dual front brakes. Makes quite a difference. Harley should not make a bike without them. Much safer. I can't believe they have got away with it for so many years. They should be made to provide a conversion kit for those interested, even if there is a fee.
Roger

Old 05-22-2015, 06:16 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Suede, first off congrats on the sober life, it's hard from what I hear, but well worth the jurney you'll experience. I never got into the drinking while in the military, but I did see its damage first hand. Again, congrats.

As for the mods, LOVE THEM!!!!! I saw those Lyndall brakes first hand a few months back while I spent two month in SoCal. I absolutly love them, they are bad *** and as you said, light as a feather. Wish I had the cash to put a set on my ride and do the dual brake disk up front.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:55 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersachs
Suede, Nice job. I wish I had dual front brakes. Makes quite a difference. Harley should not make a bike without them. Much safer. I can't believe they have got away with it for so many years. They should be made to provide a conversion kit for those interested, even if there is a fee.
Roger
Thanks Roger! I'm with you and the conversion to this was simple with all the parts being common applications.

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Suede, first off congrats on the sober life, it's hard from what I hear, but well worth the jurney you'll experience. I never got into the drinking while in the military, but I did see its damage first hand. Again, congrats.

As for the mods, LOVE THEM!!!!! I saw those Lyndall brakes first hand a few months back while I spent two month in SoCal. I absolutly love them, they are bad *** and as you said, light as a feather. Wish I had the cash to put a set on my ride and do the dual brake disk up front.
Thanks Blue! I hear you, it wasn't exactly an inexpensive thing to do and I told myself I wasn't going to do it all last year and then I finally just broke down and said screw it and then I couldn't change my mind and had to get it done.
Thanks again

Old 05-22-2015, 08:04 AM
wilddave
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking good! I'm looking forward to the review.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:29 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Great upgrade SBM! Your bike it looking sweet!

Old 05-22-2015, 10:55 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Those mags look great on your bike. I've always preferred the 'spoke' style LR mags. Can't see through mine.

Quick Reply: Lyndall brakes/LR Wheels