Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supermeg in the house!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 11:32 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Looking forward to pics!!

Highly recommend using exhaust nuts with serrated flanges, has been a big improvement in retaining the proper torque.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:01 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Well I thought I had ordered the proper p clamp from surdyke but my dealer just called me to follow up on my parts question and it looks like I may not have. So now I have parts coming from two places, the dealer had to order the top and bottom section of the clamp separately from HD. May have to wait a little longer to see what shows up. Ah well

Old 05-27-2015, 12:26 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could go ahead and install it without the P clamp, just have to take the front heat shield off to add it later easily.

So I installed 16 in mine with the closed end cap. 96" and andrews 48h cams. Bottom end is strong, fairly quiet, but feels like it is running out of breath a bit on the the top. After reading here I am going to try 20 and see how it feels. I have done a couple auto tune sessions on the current set up and it runs smooth.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:51 PM
hallfleming
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm looking at the same exhaust for my 2006 Street Bob. Can someone point me to the direction of the correct P-clamp and serrated exhaust nuts to purchase? Thanks!

Old 05-27-2015, 02:14 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Here is the online parts finder I used. You can go in there and adjust for your bike, it's pretty cool although to be fair I'm not sure I ordered the right piece lol!

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....HAUST%20SYSTEM

Old 05-27-2015, 02:17 PM
shovelheadroad
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hallfleming
I'm looking at the same exhaust for my 2006 Street Bob. Can someone point me to the direction of the correct P-clamp and serrated exhaust nuts to purchase? Thanks!
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post14041803

Old 05-27-2015, 02:18 PM
hallfleming
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got ya. I guess you had a different exhaust and needed the original p clamp? I thought there was a later greater version or something not included in the kit. Appreciate the link!

Originally Posted by robbyville
Here is the online parts finder I used. You can go in there and adjust for your bike, it's pretty cool although to be fair I'm not sure I ordered the right piece lol!

Old 05-28-2015, 12:28 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hallfleming
Got ya. I guess you had a different exhaust and needed the original p clamp? I thought there was a later greater version or something not included in the kit. Appreciate the link!
Well I'm a moron who can't read a diagram. Seems like I had ordered the wrong part. Thanks go to my Dealer who called me regarding an email I had sent, and while we were discussing the p-clamp and the fact they didn't have it decided to check again not based on the part number I gave them but based on the description of what it was. They pulled up the diagram and let me know that they thought I was looking at the wrong clamp. They didn't have the right one (top and bottom required) but ordered it for me. Hopefully should have it by next week.

For anyone who may end up seeing this thread while doing their own order for similar parts, the ones I needed are actually #'s 25 and 26 in the linked diagram (I had purchased #34 which also appears to be a 2 part clamp). So if looking for the parts on a different year model remember that they are the items clamping to the bottom of the cam chest bracket (assuming it hasn't been removed).

Thanks go to maddghost for getting me in the right direction! As well as to surdyke who was able to cancel and refund my order of the wrong parts for a small restocking fee since they had already received it.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Shizims
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed SuperMeg a few weeks ago, Running 16 discs and closed endcap on a stock 2008 96" with heavy breather. Feels pretty good and really quiet unless you're really getting on it. I'm toying with getting the open endcap, but I came off of V&H sideshots and the quiet is refreshing at this point. I also favor low end power.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:04 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

I have an open end cap and 22 discs on my 96" Evo FXR. Sounds killer and lots of power. Messing with 5 discs or less really won't change much, at least not much you'll feel. Over that you could run into tuning issues but they'd be mild. Unless you go taking all of em off or something crazy.

Quick Reply: Supermeg in the house!