Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Brothers Comp-S 2-1 Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 11:10 AM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Two Brothers Comp-S 2-1 Review

I just bought and installed a stainless steel Two Brothers Comp-S 2-1 exhaust on my 2015 Low Rider. Before buying I tried to research and didn't find much of anything on it so I figured I'd fill that void.

http://www.twobros.com/Products/Dyna...Dyna-2014.html

I'll speak to the package, quality/finish, fit, sound, and performance...

1. Package - The exhaust is shipped with each header separate, the collector/muffler, 2 springs to attach the 3 pieces (with a tool to do so...it was quick and easy), 2 heat shields, a muffler bracket, a couple sets of O2 bungs for different sized sensors, and nuts and bolts. It was packaged really well with no concern for damage while shipping.

2. Quality - I bought the stainless pipe (they also offer black coated). From first impression it looks great. It comes with a nice stainless finish and after idling on the bike for about 2 minutes, the header already changed to that nice gold that I love. Make sure (as the instructions say) to clean the pipes really well before starting the bike. Any oils from your hands or anything can cause permanent discoloration of the pipe once heated. Also, after starting the bike I noticed a rattling sound from the carbon fiber cone. There are some small bolts holding it on that weren't completely tight when shipped so I just tightened them up a bit. No biggy.

3. Fit - The pipes did come with instructions that were clear enough if you have any experience installing exhausts. If this is your first exhaust install then the instructions may seem a little vague. I will say there are two different ways you can install these pipes. One, is to attach the header pipes and collector while off the bike, then mount up like you would most other 2-1 systems. If you do this, I'd recommend not attaching the two springs until you have the system lined up and seated in the exhaust ports nicely. This is bc it can be a bitch rotating the header pipes around to the right angle to both align them with their respective exhaust port and also to where the muffler aligns to where it bolts up to the muffler bracket. The second way is to install the system in pieces. Loosely bolt up each header pipe to the exhaust ports and THEN muscle on the collector. This will help ensure the exhaust is seated and won't leak, but it may be a pain getting the collector on going this route. I didn't actually try this method, but it seemed like an alternative after installing it the first way bc it was a bit of a headache. Also, use all of the bolt torque specs for your stock exhaust on the TBR exhaust.
*****NOTE: My FXDL came with the "further forward" mid controls, and the stock adjustment of the rear brake pedal caused the arm of the pedal to contact the rear header. I had to adjust the pedal forward a few threads on the brake rod nut adjuster to clear the exhaust.

Installation instructions:
http://www.twobros.com/Exhaust/Harle...50199_inst.pdf

4. Sound - Completely subjective. I love it. Deep rumble and really rips at high rpm. Definitely loud either way.

5. Performance - I haven't put the bike on a dyno before or after install, but TBR has their own sheet here...
http://www.twobros.com/products/dyna...Dyna-2014.html
Your tune will matter as much as what exhaust you have so that is what it is. If you have a 2-1 pipe, I don't think brand matters so much. You'll get relatively similar performance gains either way. That said, the butt dyno approves. lol

So there you have it. The TBR Comp-S 2-1 in a nut shell. If you have any questions or comments...let's hear it. If not, hope you found the review helpful in some way.

The following 3 users liked this post by BobberG:
ALstew (04-28-2016), gleam (06-05-2018), SuperGlide_805 (06-08-2016)
Old 05-29-2015, 11:23 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Love the sound it's just like my old bub 7 exhaust....

Old 05-29-2015, 11:32 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Thank you for the great write up. I know when I'm looking at potential changes to the bike the first thing I do is search on this site. It's always helpful finding threads with good tips, tricks, pics, etc.

The pipe looks and sounds incredible, use it well!

Old 05-29-2015, 11:35 AM
allsop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the black ceramic coat is the only way that exhaust could be any nicer.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by allsop
Agree. Love the style and sound of this pipe but not a fan of the discolored head pipes. Does it come with optional SS heat shields?

Old 05-29-2015, 11:46 AM
BobberG
Tourer

Originally Posted by robbyville
Thank you for the great write up. I know when I'm looking at potential changes to the bike the first thing I do is search on this site. It's always helpful finding threads with good tips, tricks, pics, etc.
The pipe looks and sounds incredible, use it well!
Thanks man! Yea I do the same thing, glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by allsop
Yea I love the black one too. I actually couldn't decide on the finish so I said, well I'll get stainless for now and once it starts bluing and getting a little rough lookin, I'll coat it black. Best of both worlds! lol

Old 05-29-2015, 11:49 AM
BobberG
Tourer

Originally Posted by Qdog002
Agree. Love the style and sound of this pipe but not a fan of the discolored head pipes. Does it come with optional SS heat shields?
Yea it comes with two shields. I was going to run it without them bc I actually like the gold, but they're pretty toasty so I'm putting them on this weekend.

I'm gonna post another sound clip with the shields on and cone tightened up in the next couple days here. I wasn't able to rev much in that first vid being night time by a neighborhood so I'll get some better revs in too.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Great write up. Thank you!

Old 05-29-2015, 02:07 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,085 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by Lama
Great write up. Thank you!
Ditto...thanks.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 732 Likes on 503 Posts

Nice looking kit, great packaging by them too.

That's a great idle, nice low rumble, dig it!

Quick Reply: Two Brothers Comp-S 2-1 Review