Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suicide shift done

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:34 AM
codsack
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suicide shift done

Here are a couple pics of the SB with the shifter I made up. Some might say its not a suicide with the hand clutch on it. Kind of a Jockey shift but behind the leg like a Suicide. I call it a suicide anyway. I was going to put a foot clutch on it and had half the parts made already, but I twisted my ankle real bad and partially tore some ligaments in my right foot, and that would've been the foot to supportmyself withIF I had to come to a stop while still in gear. So I toyed with a hand clutch/shifter, and after looking at it, it was very easy to change over. I might finish my foot clutch parts and try them out when my ankles fully healed sometime. No I wasn't riding the bike when I hurt my ankle, just figured someone would ask. lol.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...66_65_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...66_66_full.jpg

Guys at the HD dealer didn't know what to think of it when I went in to get some codes cleared. Guy said he couldn't ride it. Of course the idiot had the shifter in front of his leg instead of behindit when he went to pull it inside the shop. It about whooped his *** and I told him so too. He was nice though and let me pull it back out....lol. Few of the other mechanics where checking it out too. All in all I love it so far. Makes riding more fun and several people already commented me on it and asked about it. Well later.
Chase

Old 04-29-2007, 02:09 AM
mud
muderator
Received 8,773 Likes on 2,063 Posts
Default RE: Suicide shift done

ORIGINAL: codsack

Here are a couple pics of the SB with the shifter I made up.

Some might say its not a suicide with the hand clutch on it.

Kind of a Jockey shift but behind the leg like a Suicide.

I call it a suicide anyway.
Suicide indeed Cod.

How's it workin out?? Looks dangerous.

Innovative to say the least.

mud

Here are a couple pics of the SB with the shifter I made up. Some might say its not a suicide with the hand clutch on it. Kind of a Jockey shift but behind the leg like a Suicide. I call it a suicide anyway. I was going to put a foot clutch on it and had half the parts made already, but I twisted my ankle real bad and partially tore some ligaments in my right foot, and that would've been the foot to supportmyself withIF I had to come to a stop while still in gear. So I toyed with a hand clutch/shifter, and after looking at it, it was very easy to change over. I might finish my foot clutch parts and try them out when my ankles fully healed sometime. No I wasn't riding the bike when I hurt my ankle, just figured someone would ask. lol.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...66_65_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...66_66_full.jpg

Guys at the HD dealer didn't know what to think of it when I went in to get some codes cleared. Guy said he couldn't ride it. Of course the idiot had the shifter in front of his leg instead of behindit when he went to pull it inside the shop. It about whooped his *** and I told him so too. He was nice though and let me pull it back out....lol. Few of the other mechanics where checking it out too. All in all I love it so far. Makes riding more fun and several people already commented me on it and asked about it. Well later.
Chase

Old 04-29-2007, 02:17 AM
joetst2
Cruiser

That's different.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:31 AM
codsack
Advanced

Its working out pretty good...I had another one made out of 1/2" round bar at first. First week of ridingtook some gettin used to whenin parking lots . Sharp turns, one hand on the bars and other on the shifter made it a bit difficult at first. I'm gettin pretty good with it though. Once your cruisin its a breeze. Starting out while turning sharp is the only time it takes a good bit of balance.

Chase

Old 04-29-2007, 02:50 AM
mud
muderator
Received 8,773 Likes on 2,063 Posts

Its working out pretty good...I had another one made out of 1/2" round bar at first.
First week of ridingtook some gettin used to whenin parking lots .
Sharp turns, one hand on the bars and other on the shifter made it a bit difficult at first.
I'm gettin pretty good with it though. Once your cruisin its a breeze.
Starting out while turning sharp is the only time it takes a good bit of balance.

Chase
Good to hear it's workin outwell for you Chase.
Very creative handiwork.

How bout some pix of the self fabbed exhaust??

mud

Old 04-29-2007, 03:07 AM
darkside
Banned

Pretty wild. Looks different for sure.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:20 AM
waterman7474
Road Master

that is crazy!!!

i'd really like to see a clip of you working that thing...!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 AM
phreak
Road Master

Nice work. I like the chain. Don't understand why the spring though?

Old 04-29-2007, 04:05 AM
darkside
Banned

I would assume the spring is to help compensate somewhat for the extra weight of the shifter hanging out their and putting strain on the tranny?

Old 04-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: phreak

Nice work. I like the chain. Don't understand why the spring though?
Without the spring I bet it shifts every time he hits a bump. That is a lot of weight hanging off the end of that lever.

Quick Reply: Suicide shift done