Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K-Tech Suspensions, anyone heard of or used this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Biltwell-MikeD
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've used them.

Hey all, I'm currently using these on my 2006 Dyna. I have about 1,500 miles on them and they've been awesome. Prior to putting these on my bike, I had Progressive 970s, so I know what good shocks feel like. Part of that 1,500 miles was the El Diablo Run where I got to put them through their paces in the heat and over lots of pot holes. They performed admirably and I am not planning on changing them out any time soon.

To keep thing subjective, the only flaw was my inability to adjust them easily from the road. Given the chance to do that, I would of liked to let pressure out and put pressure in at times to see if I could make them work any better. However, I did get a prototype set which did not come with any special instructions or tools, so I'd have to imagine that on the production version those issues have been solved.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:39 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

We have a long standing relationship with Orient Express the North American importer for K-Tech suspension, Fuel Moto actually did the official release for the K-Tech Bullit & Razor shocks and K-Tech cartridge kits at the V-Twin Expo last February. We are working closely with them on product testing & fitment of various components, they have been to our facility to train our tech's, and we are really looking forward to bringing another great suspension option to market.

Info posted earlier in this thread is not correct, the Bullit shocks are not based on a motocross or front fork application. The Bullit shock internals are in fact a patented design very different from other currently available motorcycle applications. The nitrogen charged pressure chamber is double isolated from any possible loss of pressure . An internal floating piston seals the nitrogen pressure chamber from internal fluids which in turn are also sealed via a secondary seal system that has been designed and tested to far exceed anything that occurs in motorcycle applications. With the Bullit shock design both compliance over small bumps and large bump absorption are achieved with advanced internal valving and utilize the progressive characteristics of the spring-less gas charged design to accomplish what most traditional short stroke challenged coil over shocks struggle with.

The Bullit shocks were developed with 3 goals in mind, maximum performance for stroke limited applications, unique styling and affordable pricing while maintaining the highest level of quality. For those that have not yet heard of K-Tech Suspension, they are based in Leicestershire UK, their suspension components many success's at all levels of National and World Championship levels. Last season K-Tech suspension equipped racers won all five major professional classes in the British Superbike Series and dominated at events like this years Isle of Man TT taking 16 of 18 possible podium finishing positions. K-Tech has now broadened their product line include american V-Twin suspension. Hope this info helps...

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-01-2015, 10:18 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,237 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Maybe I missed it, but how much?

Old 07-01-2015, 08:05 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
maybe i missed it, but how much?
$800-$900

Old 07-02-2015, 02:06 PM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I looked at the progressive shock, the lower part of the shock is still two wide.

I have also been looking at the Hagon classics because the springs at the top and the lower is narrow.

I currently run the Burly Slammers which don't have any issues. I installed the stock shocks and the wide cup at the bottom of the shock was hitting my bag durning compression, so the bottom of the shock needs to be narrow much like the Burly's.

I want to go back to a taller 12-13 shock that has the clearance issues solved for me.
You could always use spacers to get the clearance you need. just use equal amounts at the top and bottom.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:05 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertDyna
You could always use spacers to get the clearance you need. just use equal amounts at the top and bottom.
it's not side to side space I have issue with when using shocks that have a cup on the bottom. It's the shock angle when the shock compress (the slight travel up and back) that causes it to hit the bag.

The full shock pic shows the normal shock angle compared to the bag., The pic with the shock that has about an inch or so is the shock at the bottom of the bag when uncompressed. The of the is the shock movement when it compresses, compresses further and hits the bag.

Attached Thumbnails K-Tech Suspensions, anyone heard of or used this?-image-205156951.jpg   K-Tech Suspensions, anyone heard of or used this?-image-1691066310.jpg   K-Tech Suspensions, anyone heard of or used this?-image-4226343786.jpg  

Last edited by blueangel73; 07-02-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:01 PM
SFXDB415
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We have a long standing relationship with Orient Express the North American importer for K-Tech suspension, Fuel Moto actually did the official release for the K-Tech Bullit & Razor shocks and K-Tech cartridge kits at the V-Twin Expo last February. We are working closely with them on product testing & fitment of various components, they have been to our facility to train our tech's, and we are really looking forward to bringing another great suspension option to market.

Info posted earlier in this thread is not correct, the Bullit shocks are not based on a motocross or front fork application. The Bullit shock internals are in fact a patented design very different from other currently available motorcycle applications. The nitrogen charged pressure chamber is double isolated from any possible loss of pressure . An internal floating piston seals the nitrogen pressure chamber from internal fluids which in turn are also sealed via a secondary seal system that has been designed and tested to far exceed anything that occurs in motorcycle applications. With the Bullit shock design both compliance over small bumps and large bump absorption are achieved with advanced internal valving and utilize the progressive characteristics of the spring-less gas charged design to accomplish what most traditional short stroke challenged coil over shocks struggle with.

The Bullit shocks were developed with 3 goals in mind, maximum performance for stroke limited applications, unique styling and affordable pricing while maintaining the highest level of quality. For those that have not yet heard of K-Tech Suspension, they are based in Leicestershire UK, their suspension components many success's at all levels of National and World Championship levels. Last season K-Tech suspension equipped racers won all five major professional classes in the British Superbike Series and dominated at events like this years Isle of Man TT taking 16 of 18 possible podium finishing positions. K-Tech has now broadened their product line include american V-Twin suspension. Hope this info helps...
any feedback on the tracker cartridges for 49mm? i can get them through my indy in sf bay and really interested and willing to drop the 1400 installed price they offer