Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K-Tech Suspensions, anyone heard of or used this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 08:20 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts
Default K-Tech Suspensions, anyone heard of or used this?

I am looking for a shock with a close radius housing and ends, some springs cause interferance issues with my setup. I like the look of the Bullit they offer. I notice them via the new Hot Bike mag. Just wondering if any one has heard of them, any pros or cons known of? Yes, they are pricey too.

http://www.k-tech.uk.com/

http://www.ktechsuspension.com/

http://www.orientexpress.com/p-20413...ar-shocks.aspx

Old 06-27-2015, 09:50 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Only thing I heard is what I read in the same mag. Of course they said they are great, but you always wonder how much of a payment it took for them to say that......? I may be just not trusting either.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:30 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts
Default K-Tech Suspensions

K-Tech Suspensions has been around for a little while while now doing cartridges for race bikes. This technology comes from motorcross bikes and runs on air pressure. With some out of the box thinking, those shocks can be made adjustable adding an air ressy tank and a very stout compressor. They were designed for front forks.

I looked very hard into developing something like this system but the reality soon crept in after a few minutes. You think the Airnot system is bad if you chafe an airline or the bag breaks and will not hold air. You are in the motel until UPS delivers a new airline or maybe a shock or two. When these leak and I say when and not if, if you are on a course, no problem, your crew comes and gets you. Try that in places you may travel to while touring. A long way to get another one. That is why I did not consider a KYB PSF (Pneumatic Spring) with air-adjustable spring rate. The shocks in question are sealed nitrogen and non-air adjustable (no compression/rebound/spring adjustable from the handlebars) but if the seal head leaks and (a nitrogen molecule is much smaller than an oil molecule) leaks out than just think on that for a while. Yes, I was dreaming that you could control compression & rebound also if so designed on your bagger. Very tempting however, think about being on I-92 in the middle of S. Dakota at 1am traveling across country or even worse, a really desolate place we all can relate to.

And that is why I would not do it. Coil overs will always get you home, air controlled, you get the idea?

Last edited by FastHarley; 06-27-2015 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Add picture
The following users liked this post:
TxFxL (08-14-2017)
Old 06-27-2015, 08:48 PM
union53
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

We have one Harley out there with the bullit shock. We did have to increase air pressure over the stock pressure to get the bike to feel like it wasn't riding on the bump stop. As far as long term durability I don't know. I'd like to think they have it figured out but only miles will tell.

I'm with Howard with the affinity to springs. If a seal fails you can ride the spring home.. If the seal fails on the bullit shock you ride the bump stop home. Close to riding a hard tail. They do seem like a really nice solution for tight areas.

On my bike I went back and forth between put a set of ohlins and a set of ktech razor line shocks. I chose ohlins because of the hydraulic preload option which was key to my happiness for easy spring adjustment for solo and two up riding.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:23 PM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Maybe not what you're after, but Progressive 412s come with a covered coil option:

Old 06-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the information Howard. I always appreciate your input.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:02 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Davdoodles
Maybe not what you're after, but Progressive 412s come with a covered coil option:

I'll have to double check their catalog on the black. Called them a while back and they said only chrome in covered option.
Do you remember the part number?

Old 06-28-2015, 12:32 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

@slyedog: "I'll have to double check their catalog on the black. Called them a while back and they said only chrome in covered option. Do you remember the part number?"

I recall I had to hunt around a bit for them too. Not very popular apparently, though I love mine.

Part Number for mine (12") is 412-4042B

Here's a pair on
Amazon for $256 Amazon for $256
. I think I got mine from Motorcycle Superstore, but can't recall for sure (three or four years ago)...

Old 06-28-2015, 10:10 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Davdoodles
I looked at the progressive shock, the lower part of the shock is still two wide.

I have also been looking at the Hagon classics because the springs at the top and the lower is narrow.

I currently run the Burly Slammers which don't have any issues. I installed the stock shocks and the wide cup at the bottom of the shock was hitting my bag durning compression, so the bottom of the shock needs to be narrow much like the Burly's.

I want to go back to a taller 12-13 shock that has the clearance issues solved for me.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:00 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Run Hagon custom or other version (not Nitro), they are thin and even have at narrow spring option. Great ride from them.

Quick Reply: K-Tech Suspensions, anyone heard of or used this?