Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel lines done, check my work plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 07:21 PM
allsop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel lines done, check my work plz

Unquestionably,
my internal fuel pump lines were leaking. I am just buttoning up the job, I can easily see every connection and there are no leaks. The 30R10 line should hopefully last near forever.

HOWEVER, when the fuel pump runs just below the the replaceable fuel filter in the housing, fuel sprays there. Is this a pressure relief blow-off or is my housing broke and I need to restart this whole mess?

Good Gawd I do not want to do this over. It reminds me of building a "ship in a bottle".

Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry, no help here as I've not had to replace any of my internal tank components. I'll be keeping an eye out on this as it sounds like good info to have.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:39 AM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Do ya really think they would make a pressure relief that sprays highly flammable gasoline on an engine?

Old 06-30-2015, 05:00 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdlx
Do ya really think they would make a pressure relief that sprays highly flammable gasoline on an engine?
it's all within the tank isn't it?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:20 AM
allsop
Advanced

@ fxdx- Do try to keep up.

@ Eric & Tat, several threads about this. It's the fuel pump lines all within the gas tank. Mine were spraying (leaking) at the connections, but many will rub holes inside the fuel tank. I saw it as just a matter of time they will fail, so just fix it situation as I have other problems to iron out with my bike. Want to rule out fuel delivery first.

So, automobiles have a return line for unused fuel pressure supply to the injectors, since this unit is fully contained in the fuel tank there must be a fuel pressure bleed off back into the tank. I think this is what I am seeing. This is all I am asking, Was hoping someone could verify my thoughts.

After all, I cannot bench test this system to see exactly how it is operating. But I do know my upgraded lines and connections are no longer leaking.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Mid-Night-Rider
Tourer
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by allsop
HOWEVER, when the fuel pump runs just below the the replaceable fuel filter in the housing, fuel sprays there. Is this a pressure relief blow-off or is my housing broke and I need to restart this whole mess?
Sounds like it's coming from the fuel pressure regulator. It's normal for it to blow off excess fuel when the fuel pump primes the system. If that's the case and there is no cracks in the housing, you should be good to go.

I just did the same thing you did a couple years ago, and mine did that too. I didn't know at the time it was supposed to do that, and ended up replacing the regulator as well, and the new one did same thing. Oh well.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:51 PM
allsop
Advanced

THANK YOU Mid-Night.

it is what I thought, now we have better info for those who travel down this road. Like I said, it is not a system to bench test so how would one know for sure exactly how the fuel system is working.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:11 PM
chief08
Road Master
Received 208 Likes on 105 Posts

check fuel pressure. if ok every thing is fine