Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate my dream bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:43 AM
thewoozel666
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate my dream bike

So I bought my dream bike as I've mentioned plenty of times here in this forum. So far I hate it. I can't get it to freaking work properly, one thing after another!!!!
1. I've got a charging issue, I fix it but then it comes right back!
2.I've got a freaking gnarly oil leak on the oil tank
3.My ****ing right blinkers won't work(even the green arrow no longer comes on although it was working just fine when I first got it)

I think I just bought a lemon bike, I hate my life! Here is a question that must be answered as if you're talking to a mentally disabled child(no joke):
*How do I test my regulator while using a volt meter?
*How do I test my Stator while using a volt meter?
*I bought a Kuryakyn battery gauge, what should I attach the wiring to?
*I have a oil leak, most likely it's the gaskets on the oil fill tank...what is the official name of that oil fill tank? I'm just going to replace the god darn gaskets...hopefully this is easy?
*I know where the regulator plugs into on the stator side, but where does the other regulator plug plug into? I'm assuming some where under the seat?

FYI: Obviously I am not a mechanic so I don't have the proper terms, I'm learning...I don't have money for a manual but I do plan on buying one asap! I don't have money for a mechanic....all of my freaking money is being soaked up by this bike! Any help is greatly appreciated and words can't really express how I do appreciate any one helping me out! This sucks, I just want to ride my new bike without any worries

Old 07-02-2015, 11:45 AM
thewoozel666
Advanced

ONE MORE QUESTION: Can water get anywhere in the electrical components of the bike and fry anything??? I mean I would hope they were all water proof but still I must know...

Old 07-02-2015, 12:14 PM
neilpp
Advanced

A few suggestions if you are going to work on your bike:

- Buy the factory service manual
- Learn to google search for information
- look on youtube for information
- patience is your friend

Try this for help with your charging system:

http://blog.jpcycles.com/step-by-ste...arging-system/

Old 07-02-2015, 12:36 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

So with this new post we're supposed to know what your bike is and have a defined answer for each problem?
Ain't gonna happen.
Follow the advice of neilpp,, and slow down! Go after one problem at a time.
Phot's can help people understand and/or see a problem.
Your right to ask here for help and it can be found,, but you need to help us help you.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:52 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,550 Posts

Dream bike - I guess it's in the clouds since I see no model
Year I guess it's infinity.
Charging I guess is by lightening - in the clouds
Blinkers - I guess you dreamed it after the 60's

Model - year - any add-ons or mods must be identified before any help can be given.

Generic - clean all you electrical contacts and verify good connections, test your battery - clean terminals, clean and test bulbs, verify you have no bare wires shorting, and clean -check and double check all grounding points.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:55 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMn
So with this new post we're supposed to know what your bike is and have a defined answer for each problem?
Ain't gonna happen.
Follow the advice of neilpp,, and slow down! Go after one problem at a time.
Phot's can help people understand and/or see a problem.
Your right to ask here for help and it can be found,, but you need to help us help you.

Get us some photos of the oil leak, Test the battery to make sure its not flat, do some google searching. A service manual is a must for our bikes. I hate my GFs bike as well and it hates me right back lol. I have lost exhaust stud bolts, Battery box bolts, Hell doing simple tasks on her bike that took me maybe an hour on mine took me 2 days. Every bike is different and anyone that says they're not is a liar lol. They all have their attitude so just breathe. Best thing you can do is remember why you bought it step back and take a breathe. Nothing is impossible and if nothing is impossible then theres a way to fix it. Photobucket is going to be your friend for posting photos as well. Makes it really easy. Get us some tools to help you out and we all with do our best .

Old 07-02-2015, 01:38 PM
thewoozel666
Advanced

Wow, sorry I thought I wrote down my bike info...must of forgot it, well of course I did. It's a '93 Dyna Wide Glide 1340cc Evo engine less than 12,000 miles. Trust me I have been a crap load of researching on the internet but there are certain things I cannot find. I'm trying to slow it down but this is my only ride to work and I hate to bother people for rides...so sooner the better. I thought it was just a regulator/stator plug issue because I would clean it, re-attach it, then all was well...it's been going good for a week and then the other day at the bank you could hear it pretty much losing connection and wouldn't start. Then I waited a few minutes then boom it cranked right up with no issues. I got it home and noticed it wasn't charging again, but then I was like whatever no big deal...I will just clean the plug and re-attach it. Nothing, no matter how much I clean it, no matter how hard I push it in...she just won't charge. IF IT WAS A BAD BATTERY(which I don't think it is) SHOULD IT STILL SHOW CHARGE? Sorry if I come off impatient it's just my buddy told me "dude don't get rid of your Vstar, you get a Harley you won't ever be able to keep it working"...I'm hoping this isn't really the case. Yes I checked my bank account I'm ordering a manual tomorrow but even still that's going to take a good week to get here...I really can't be dorking around that long, I'm thinking about going ahead and ordering a regulator and if that doesn't work then getting a new stator. I was going to hook my Kuryakyn battery meter to the battery but my dad said it would stay on at all times and would never shut off even with the bike off?? Where else would you wire it up at?

Old 07-02-2015, 01:41 PM
thewoozel666
Advanced

another thing is I just get it and I barely touch the dang thing and it's already breaking...frustrating! Also I will post some pictures of the oil leak tonight hopefully p.s. I have a picture of my new bike in my profile too

Old 07-02-2015, 01:59 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer

Originally Posted by thewoozel666
Wow, sorry I thought I wrote down my bike info...must of forgot it, well of course I did. It's a '93 Dyna Wide Glide 1340cc Evo engine less than 12,000 miles. Trust me I have been a crap load of researching on the internet but there are certain things I cannot find. I'm trying to slow it down but this is my only ride to work and I hate to bother people for rides...so sooner the better. I thought it was just a regulator/stator plug issue because I would clean it, re-attach it, then all was well...it's been going good for a week and then the other day at the bank you could hear it pretty much losing connection and wouldn't start. Then I waited a few minutes then boom it cranked right up with no issues. I got it home and noticed it wasn't charging again, but then I was like whatever no big deal...I will just clean the plug and re-attach it. Nothing, no matter how much I clean it, no matter how hard I push it in...she just won't charge. IF IT WAS A BAD BATTERY(which I don't think it is) SHOULD IT STILL SHOW CHARGE? Sorry if I come off impatient it's just my buddy told me "dude don't get rid of your Vstar, you get a Harley you won't ever be able to keep it working"...I'm hoping this isn't really the case. Yes I checked my bank account I'm ordering a manual tomorrow but even still that's going to take a good week to get here...I really can't be dorking around that long, I'm thinking about going ahead and ordering a regulator and if that doesn't work then getting a new stator. I was going to hook my Kuryakyn battery meter to the battery but my dad said it would stay on at all times and would never shut off even with the bike off?? Where else would you wire it up at?

Funny how the people that say never to buy a Harley are those that dont own one or have never owned one lol. It's always a story of a friend that had one. Anyway. Here is a good vid for checking the charing system.
. Check that 1st before ordering anything.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:05 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer

Originally Posted by socialoutcast
Funny how the people that say never to buy a Harley are those that dont own one or have never owned one lol. It's always a story of a friend that had one. Anyway. Here is a good vid for checking the charing system. Harley Davidson Maintenance Tips: Softail/Dyna - Charging System Check - YouTube. Check that 1st before ordering anything.

Another good vid on voltages and what to look for in voltages to determine where stuffs going south.

Quick Reply: I hate my dream bike