Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 09:53 PM
supermanotorious
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after

just had my forks serviced and got them back on the bike last night, I washed the bike and she looked amazing this morning. rode to work, hit a nasty huge chunk of shredded tire going about 80mph, at a minimum it tore the jiffy stand spring off the bike, several miles later the bike started lurching, I pulled in the clutch, coasted into a parking lot and had it towed home. engine oil light is staying on but oil is full, primary fluid is full and there is no sign of fluid loss. the bike was really hard to shift down to N, what the heck could've gone wrong? I'll admit the bike's been having a difficult time shifting from 1st to 2nd for a long time and recently its been slipping when aggresivley shifting from 4th to 5th gears. could it be coincdence that I hit the gator and a tranny problem from a long time comin' could've happened today? or did I do something real bad off that gator? here are some fun pics and things on the diagnostic

Attached Thumbnails hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after-010.jpg   hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after-011.jpg   hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after-012.jpg   hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after-013.jpg  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Default hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after

There's a way to actually check the trouble codes you have. Did your CEL come on?

Do an Internet search on that "code" there's quite a bit of info. I'd be glad to help further but that's the extent of what I know about what's showing on your odo screen.

Last edited by Gadgetech; 07-10-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

If your jiffy stand spring got ripped off, the shift linkage may have got knocked out of alignment or bent also.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:28 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Damn bro, I thought you were getting ready tell about the accident aftermath. Good thing it was just something fixable.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:55 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Prob ripped the wiring off the oil pressure switch.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Knutson Boltz
Banned
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Does that bike have a kickstand switch?

Old 07-12-2015, 11:48 AM
supermanotorious
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it might just have been coincidence that my improperly adjusted clutch finally acted up quickly after I hit the gator. a brother came over and helped adjust the clutch and clutch cable, part of the issue was that the shift linkage rod was too short and the foot lever arm was hitting and digging in to the primary case. there wasn't enough travel for it to engage properly. i didn't want to spend big bucks on a new linkage rod so I made one myself. I used 5/16" aluminum rod, die-ed the ends with 5/16" 24, threw on some heim joints and chrome hardware and it's shifting better than ever. what a happy ending lol, I did get the inspiration from THIS thread

Attached Thumbnails hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after-003.jpg   hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after-004.jpg   hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after-005.jpg  

Last edited by supermanotorious; 07-15-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:19 AM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Re-treads ought to be illegal. You were lucky you weren't seriously hurt.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:31 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,387 Likes on 2,951 Posts

Based on the title, I thought you went LOC. Glad to hear it is a simple bike issue and not a more complex rider health issue. Ride on!

Old 07-13-2015, 04:50 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I looked up the code you have displayed:

"Front Fender Missing"

Glad you're ok.

Quick Reply: hit a nasty road gator, not sure what happened after