Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for front end info: 06' FXDBI

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 04:35 PM
CWS
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for front end info: 06' FXDBI

I've owned my streetbob for about 3 weeks now and I knew it had a wider than stock front tire (140/75R17). Today the PO dropped off the title, stock front fender (it's currently front fender less) and a set of triple trees. I didn't realize that this bike has non stock triple trees. The ones currently on the bike measure close to 12 inches (as pictured) and the ones he gave me that I'm assuming are stock are closer to 11 inches. I have a few questions about this whole setup as I don't know much about any of this:
1. What is the stock front tire size?
2. Does this mean I do not have the stock front rim?
3. Will my current rim accept a stock size front tire?
4. What triple trees are currently on this bike? Wide glide? Fat Bob?

I would like to get back to stock front tire size. How hard would this be for me to do? Is it more than just getting a new correctly sized tire and swapping out triple trees?

Thanks to all in advanced!

Old 07-25-2015, 05:13 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Looks to me like your mid-glide Bob has been converted over to a wide-glide front end, and a 17" non-OEM wheel/tire added on (19" front is std on the '06 Bob).

Might be worth your while to contact the PO for the answers you need, and find out what other 'changes' have been made to the bike.
~

Old 07-25-2015, 07:24 PM
CWS
Advanced

Originally Posted by O-Town D
Looks to me like your mid-glide Bob has been converted over to a wide-glide front end, and a 17" non-OEM wheel/tire added on (19" front is std on the '06 Bob).

Might be worth your while to contact the PO for the answers you need, and find out what other 'changes' have been made to the bike.
~
Unfortunately it was the guy before the PO that made the changes so I cannot contact him. So will these triple trees bolt right up to the current forks and then it's a mid glide again?

Old 07-26-2015, 12:19 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Measurements

You need to measure from the center of one hole to the center of the other...If you do a search on here, there is a measurement for a wide glide tree width.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ide-10-up.html

Old 07-26-2015, 12:56 PM
CWS
Advanced

Originally Posted by dyna rider
You need to measure from the center of one hole to the center of the other...If you do a search on here, there is a measurement for a wide glide tree width.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ide-10-up.html
Okay based on my measurements I have a set of wide glide trees. Can I just switch the trees out and use the same forks that are currently on it? Would like to go back to a mid glide with stock front tire ideally

Old 07-26-2015, 02:10 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts

Yes you can. I went from stock to fat bob trees on my 07 street bob and used the stock 49mm forks, and a 16" softail deluxe front wheel. Similar to what the previous owner of your bike did.
So as long as you have 49mm forks you can use the mid glide trees and a stock axle, spacers, stock wheel and you'll be good to go. Kind of expensive. If you just want a stock 19" wheel you can probably get spacers to fit in the wide glide front and adapt a fender to the wide trees.
Stock tire size is 100/90/19
You do not have the stock front rim.
third question answer is no.
current trees on your bike look to be fat bob

Last edited by fskitch; 07-26-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:20 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Front End

As long as you have 49mm tubes you should be good to go. The stock rim is a 19" rim and the stock front tire is a 90mm x 19", but I don't remember what the side wall height is. All those parts you have usually have a part number on them so check out if the are stock parts and what else you might need.

http://www.stcharlesharleydavidson.c...partfinder.htm

Old 07-26-2015, 03:18 PM
CWS
Advanced

Originally Posted by fskitch

Yes you can. I went from stock to fat bob trees on my 07 street bob and used the stock 49mm forks, and a 16" softail deluxe front wheel. Similar to what the previous owner of your bike did.
So as long as you have 49mm forks you can use the mid glide trees and a stock axle, spacers, stock wheel and you'll be good to go. Kind of expensive. If you just want a stock 19" wheel you can probably get spacers to fit in the wide glide front and adapt a fender to the wide trees.
Stock tire size is 100/90/19
You do not have the stock front rim.
third question answer is no.
current trees on your bike look to be fat bob

So if I grab a stock fat Bob front fender it should fit perfectly in theory?

Old 07-26-2015, 05:25 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts

The fat bob fender will work on the width for sure but I think the bolt pattern is a little different on the lower fork legs--so you might get away with slotting the holes on the fat bob fender mounting tabs.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:31 PM
CWS
Advanced

Originally Posted by fskitch
The fat bob fender will work on the width for sure but I think the bolt pattern is a little different on the lower fork legs--so you might get away with slotting the holes on the fat bob fender mounting tabs.
That's what I was thinking too! Thanks. Might be better off just getting a fat Bob front fender rather than converting it back to street Bob triple trees and wheel. I probably have better performance with the wider tire anyways

Quick Reply: Looking for front end info: 06' FXDBI