Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 12:03 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What's it worth?

02 with 119k -- everything from the block up was new @ 96k-- all HD. 95" 211 cams heads, rocker shafts, SE oil pump. It has progressive shocks and a tubeless HD rum on rear, tires, pretty good. Mama hurt her back so I got the bagger so she can still go-- curious as to what I could get for it-- never been wrecked. The paint is original so you can see it has been really loved.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:33 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

You really have to look at the private market around you (not dealers). While your upgrades are special to you they're rather meaningless to a buyer.
It's in great shape but high miles.
A buyer may have to secure a loan, bank note values are based on wholesale list prices, and that bike might only secure $4K.
With Respect;
When someone builds an engine for high performance (cams/heads) it means the engine has more power and the premise is the guy is taking advantage of that performance aka: ride it hard/beat it.
You may have never done that, but a buyer isn't going to think like that.
So,, around here your bike could sell for $6-7K max,, it's a 2002.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:53 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JohnMn
You really have to look at the private market around you (not dealers). While your upgrades are special to you they're rather meaningless to a buyer.
A buyer may have to secure a loan, bank note values are based on wholesale list prices, and that bike might only secure $4K.
With Respect;
When someone builds an engine for high performance (cams/heads) it means the engine has more power and the premise is the guy is taking advantage of that performance aka: ride it hard/beat it.
Understood, I'm an ASE master tech and a certified aircraft mechanic. What you said is 100% correct--I'm just trying to get opinions so I know where to start, if I decide to sell-- thank you

Old 07-28-2015, 01:20 PM
tgmotoman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMn
With Respect;
This is probably the best reply to a value estimate I have ever read, be it motorcycle, cars or trucks. well done.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:46 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tgmotoman
This is probably the best reply to a value estimate I have ever read, be it motorcycle, cars or trucks. well done.
My wife wants me to keep it, but, being almost 68 and having PTSD, I don't do well around strangers, and my (so called) friends think I'm whacked so riding alone is not much fun. If she can't go, I'm afraid "Ruby" ( bikes name) will just wither away and die!
Btw-- other than a new stator( under warranty) nobody has ever laid a wrench on it but me!

Last edited by jaxdwg; 07-28-2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added
Old 07-28-2015, 02:24 PM
tgmotoman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I can understand for sure, no need to for a reason. I hope you can get a good price and home for the bike. Wish you the best.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:25 PM
bigpup
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

With that mileage you'll have a hard time competing with garage queens with only 20,000 miles on them. There are so many lower mileage bikes out there in the 6-7k range. But you have to start somewhere, I would definitely put "or best offer" in your ad.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:29 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,281 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Maybe if you take it to a few bike nights in your area, stripped down of luggage and bags, then mention you have the luggage when you get a nibble. Biketoberfest is just around the corner, use that as bait also. By looking at the bike you wouldn't know what the mileage is. Ask $5800.00 or go with the OBO.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:01 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
Maybe if you take it to a few bike nights in your area, stripped down of luggage and bags, then mention you have the luggage when you get a nibble. Biketoberfest is just around the corner, use that as bait also. By looking at the bike you wouldn't know what the mileage is. Ask $5800.00 or go with the OBO.

After just picking up this 03 eg classic with 32k on it, 5 match-painted helmets, 2 covers, driver back rest, and a bike Jack, for $5k, I guess I'll just keep it, because my wife just informed me a few minutes ago, I can't sell it. Guess I have my marching orders. Sorry to have bothered you guys, but if mama ain't happy, nobody is happy

Old 07-28-2015, 08:14 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,340 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Keeping it is the best any way. 2 totally types of rides so take advantage of it. Short, fun, play rides - run the Dyna and for more laid back longer runs wheel the bagger. Nice options to have.

Quick Reply: What's it worth?