Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not gonna give up on the Street Bob!!

Old 08-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Not gonna give up on the Street Bob!!

A month ago I took one out for a test ride and pretty much had a miserable experience. The weather was windy as crap to where no bike would have had a good ride; the boots I was wearing were rather thick soled for mid control operation; and I didn't have my FF helmet. Adding all that together, I don't think I gave the bike a fair review and it's been eating at me. Looking at all the nice Dynas I've still been salivating for one; it's all I flippin' think about!

So, I believe after reading every thread more than once on your SB's on here, with the right set up she could be a very comfy ride if given a proper chance. The one I test rode is still sitting on the floor at the local dealer. I didn't think it would sell that fast since all I see around here are Touring bikes. Also, the color (Amber Whiskey) probably would only tailor to a certain crowd; everyone loves their black bikes around here-not that there's anything wrong with that. The parts guy tricked it out with the right amount of black and chrome and it's nice.

Oh well, that' off my chest. No big deal, I guess.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

With the right seat and handlebar combination they can be great, stock was miserable to me.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Rumblin
Supporter
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm shy of 6 ft and I had to have forward controls. Liking my Sick Saddles seat too. Any bike has to fit or its less fun.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:51 AM
jethro69
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'2 and could barely ride the SB until it had forwards on it. It's actually my wifes bike but @5'10 the forwards made it better for her too. All that said I love the ride of the SB and sometimes ride it instead of my CVO RG. The addition of a HD quick release windshield made it all day comfortable for her too.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:00 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts
Default Mid controls

It takes some time to get use to them but they are on the bike for a reason! Give them some time too!

Old 08-02-2015, 12:55 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,548 Likes on 667 Posts

Personally I love mine with the stock mini apes and mids. I'm 5'10" and it's about perfect with highway pegs in the forward control mounts I can ride all day. The Mids really make for more confidence when riding aggressively.

Oh yea, I think plain Jane black bikes suck too.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:42 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Whtwolf14
A month ago I took one out for a test ride and pretty much had a miserable experience. I don't think I gave the bike a fair review and it's been eating at me. Looking at all the nice Dynas I've still been salivating for one; it's all I flippin' think about!
FWIW, I took out a friends 2014 model for a 600 mile weekend about 6 months back. I personally love the mid control. I wouldn't even consider changing them unless I was so tall that they couldn't work for me. Riding 300+ miles each day I found the seat to be pretty decent. Even the stock handle bars were comfortable to me. What really stood out to me as something I'd upgrade asap was the rear suspension. IMO it's pretty bad no mater how you try to adjust it. In fact the only thing I ever rode that had worse rear suspension was a Sportster. It don't get any worse than stock Sportster suspension. But the Street Bob's is a close second. All stock HD's can use a suspension upgrade and even those cheap Progressive 412's would be an improvement, though not huge.

Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s
Oh yea, I think plain Jane black bikes suck too.
LOL, you just offended about 60% of the Dyna Forum members. I'm re-doing my FXR and was tempted to shoot the tins black. I personally love the look, but yeah, it's been done to death. So I'm going to add some color ... but still using black as well.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:48 PM
3L3C7R0
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my '15 Amber whiskey. I didn't get it cause I don't like black. I got it cause it was jumping out at me. That and everyone does have black so I don't mind being different.

Btw... I'm just under 6' and I like my mids. I do tend to drag them on some corners though; that's probably due, in part, to the rear suspension and I'm a hefty guy.

Last edited by 3L3C7R0; 08-02-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The further forwards mids on the new FXDL are a great compromise

Old 08-02-2015, 02:50 PM
union53
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

I love my street bob. I've made some big changes to it including seat and shocks. The biggest appeal to me was the street bob is the most basic form of motorcycle. I wanted it to be me, the bike, and the road when I go riding. I didn't want all the extra stuff put on a lot of bikes now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not gonna give up on the Street Bob!!