Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Street Bob - Quick Detach Kit & Side License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:30 AM
sknyfats
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Don't know if this helps you with ideas but here's what I did; made the mount and used a Custom Dynamics plate frame that as you can see has the run/turn/brakes and L/p light built-in.
Cleans up the rear nicely.

Thanks - that looks nice, but I want a bit more light visibility back there; I am planning on using LED lights in the stock bullets too.

I think I'm on the right path though with my thoughts - but I'm going to wait till some snow is on the ground to buy/do all of this. Figure I'll pick up the HD quick detach kit, the turn signal relocation kit, and a lay down license plate kit w/an LED frame and make it work. May need to get a little creative, but I think it should all go together fairly easy without too much trouble.

EDITED TO INCLUDE PARTS I INTEND TO USE, below:

H-D Detachables Sideplates
Part Number 52124-09A
$144.95

H-D Detachables Docking Hardware Kit
Part Number 53961-06
$49.95

Directional Relocation Kit-53968-06C
Part Number 53968-06C
$49.95

Kuryakyn Laydown License Plate Mount with Frame (black)
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/482...se-plate-mount
Amazon $67 -
Amazon.com: Kuryakyn Curved Laydown License Plate Mount with Frame - Black: Automotive Amazon.com: Kuryakyn Curved Laydown License Plate Mount with Frame - Black: Automotive

Custom Dynamics LED Radius License Plate Frame (black)
Amazon: $44.95 -
Amazon.com: Custom Dynamics Radius LED License Plate Frame - Black LPF-RAD-B-LP: Automotive Amazon.com: Custom Dynamics Radius LED License Plate Frame - Black LPF-RAD-B-LP: Automotive

So - this option costs me about $160 for the plate/signal relocation - and the GreatBikeGear.com kit costs me about $202 - so cost is more or less a wash. It all depends on if I want to put my license plate at the bottom of the fender, or ON the fender...

I liked how it looked ON my fender on my 07 (see my garage pictures to see how the curved plate looked on that bike).

The big difference with the 15 is that the fender is chopped from the factory and not as long as the 07...so its just going to be what I "think" will look best. And right now, I'm leaning towards the laydown on the fender instead of dangling it/extending the fender w/the one kit.

(and of course I'll still need to pick up a sissy bar & pad too, but first things first )

Last edited by sknyfats; 08-24-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:50 PM
itsdug
Road Captain
Received 556 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by union53
Using the Harley stuff yes. Had to do it with mine.

Started with this

Ended with this

The harley kit has you cutting and splicing 6 wires for the turn signals. Kind of the lazy mans way out. I ended up picking the connectors and rewiring them after I ran the wires through the new mounts. The plate relo kit was a nice easy plug and play.
I like this. Would like to try this on my Low Rider S. What's the brand, part number, etc.?

Thanks

Old 07-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

That's just an HD plate relocation kit. Not sure of the part number, but it's easily found on the moco site. I actually hacked that relocation kit, and cleaned up the look a bit. I used a custom dynamics lighted frame to keep it legal. All said, the mod took me about 75 minutes. I'm actually pulling this setup off tomorrow when my full fender arrives.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:38 PM
itsdug
Road Captain
Received 556 Likes on 210 Posts

Copy. Think I found it. Thanks.