Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Street Bob - Quick Detach Kit & Side License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 11:18 PM
sknyfats
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Street Bob - Quick Detach Kit & Side License Plate

It's late and I'm tired of searching and reading. On my (new) 2015 Street Bob, will I need to move the license plate if I get the quick detach kit so I can use a removable sissy bar? Based on what I've read so far I'm still not sure if I need to move the license plate (currently side mounted to left turn signal) and/or the turn signals too.

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm taking mine in Thur for this and they did have to order the signal light relocation kit for install.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:08 AM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sknyfats
It's late and I'm tired of searching and reading. On my (new) 2015 Street Bob, will I need to move the license plate if I get the quick detach kit so I can use a removable sissy bar? Based on what I've read so far I'm still not sure if I need to move the license plate (currently side mounted to left turn signal) and/or the turn signals too.

Thanks for the help.
In a word, yes.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:20 AM
sknyfats
Road Captain

So both the plate AND the signals have to be relocated?

Old 08-10-2015, 06:38 AM
union53
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by sknyfats
So both the plate AND the signals have to be relocated?
Using the Harley stuff yes. Had to do it with mine.

Started with this

Ended with this

The harley kit has you cutting and splicing 6 wires for the turn signals. Kind of the lazy mans way out. I ended up picking the connectors and rewiring them after I ran the wires through the new mounts. The plate relo kit was a nice easy plug and play.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

I've got the HD relocate mount Union is using here I'll sell, save you from buying new, PM me if you want it.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:22 AM
sknyfats
Road Captain

Great info - thanks everybody. Funny - I had a 2007 Street Bob - and I'm essentially working on making this 2015 the same/similar - but some of these "new improvements" to the bike are causing me some issues (ie - the front turn signal relocation isn't as easy as it was then from what I'm reading so I have to figure out the best way to tackle that too!).

The pics helped a lot. Thanks for the offer Suede, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet. I'm a bit cash poor at the moment and will be chipping away at the customizations - but I'm making my "to-do" list right now.

I actually may go this route for the relocation of the plates & lights I think; seems to be a little more "low-profile" compared to the HD setup: http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.p...ate-frame.html

Old 08-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Rumblin
Supporter
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I like the GreatBikeGear option. The install is a little tricky if you intend to install the detachables at the same time but it is bar far a cleaner look than the HD in my opinion. I have the version with the LED license lights.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:36 PM
sknyfats
Road Captain

So I'm doing a little thinking here...

If I went with the HD quick detach kit - will my turn signals mount up with it no problem? Or will I need to buy or make a spacer of some sort to use them?

I'm thinking that if that's possible, that I can then pick up a lay down license plate mount that has a frame with LED light in it and just slap it on the fender (drill some holes).

My 07 Street Bob had that type of license plate - but there was more fender there too. I think I can fit a lay down mount, use the existing side mount light wiring and be good. I just dont know what, if anything, I have to do regarding the stock turn signals. I want them as close to the fender as possible too (think I remember a way to move them closer, even with the quick detach kit installed, no?).

Old 08-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Don't know if this helps you with ideas but here's what I did; made the mount and used a Custom Dynamics plate frame that as you can see has the run/turn/brakes and L/p light built-in.
Cleans up the rear nicely.

Quick Reply: 2015 Street Bob - Quick Detach Kit & Side License Plate