Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bob Resaling price

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 PM
rob_will
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Resaling price

Well it happened today.

I walked into the Stealer and saw an 07 Screamin Eagle Dyna....Man what a machine.

Of course the moment that I showed the slightest interest I had a sales man all over me. Well just to entertain the idea, I played along....

Asking price for the Screamin Eagle.....$27100
Price out the door.....$31235
That is with the extended warrenty and gap insurance.

So my next question...how much would they give me for my 06 black cherry street bob with 11000 miles on it?

Now guys don't scream like it did.........$8700 if it was stock. But since mine had a stage I (Short Shots, PCIII, and Big Sucker), forward controls, detachable sissy bar, detachable and lockable saddle bags, poweder coated apes and lower forks; they would give me .......$9500

So if you do the math:
I paid 16450.00 out the door for my bob with the extended warrenty, that is a depreciation of more than $6950.00 and we are not including the price for all the extra stuff that I bought and put on.

Dealer explanation: The new 95 motor is revolutionizing the resale market.

Talk about wanting to cry[:@].

Needless to say, I will not be getting the Screaming Eagle.....Hell this may be the last bike that I get....

Old 05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior
Default RE: Bob Resaling price

This is why I'll be riding my bob until it flat out dies. I may get another bike (bagger) one day, but not on a trade, I'll just have both. This sort of thinking makes me not fret about my lack of resale value.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sad isn't it. Bike dealers have become no better than car salesman. The only way to fight it is to not give in and buy the SE model. It's a ridiculous price to pay for a bike. I'm sure you could outfit your bike to make it very similar for a far cheaper price. Keep your Bob. It'll more than get you down the road...and provide you with a whole lotta fun while doing it.

Bart

Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
rob_will
Tourer

I second that I will ride it until it literally falls apart on me.....oh well....let see how much more money I can dump into it...

Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 PM
hounddog
Tourer

ya i hadnt planned on a new bike ever, my pops just dropped a new motor in his tired ol 96 dyna and things are good. i figure i'll run her till she dies and then dump some money into it. if you look around theres alot of old bikes that have been cleaned up, painted, and such it can really be anything you want. now i use mine to commute and its my only transport but somday i'll get a cage to drive and then the real fun can start with my dyna.....new motor and trans, as well as many other things that i cant do now cuz i need it everyday. its almost 2 years old now and has over 35k and gets 18-20k more added every year i use it to commute so when i finally geta cage the ol dyna is going to be tired and lookin for some TLC not the trade in.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:31 PM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its any consolation it'll still be worth $9k in 10 years time if you look after it ... you may as well enjoy the ride till then ...

Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spend a few $$ (relatively speaking) and make your Bob blow away a "revolutionizing" 96. [8D]

Old 05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
BlueBob
Cruiser

Was talking to a guy the other day that said he just picked up a new Bob with $2700.00 in options for $15,600 out the door from a place in Michigan called Cement City. If this is true I would have to say he got a darn good deal.
Can anyone confirm this place is as good as it sounds or is he blowing hot air?

Old 05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Punty
Road Warrior

I agree Image what you could do with yours if you put the other $20,000 into it?

Besides,

Nevermind I wont get started

Old 05-01-2007, 09:57 PM
16over
Road Master

I'll put mine up against the new "revolutionizing 96" any day of the week.

Quick Reply: Bob Resaling price