Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King of the dyna's

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 05:14 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Default King of the dyna's

The OP stated "currently being manufactured" so I'll go with the Street Bob. It's the most basic form of the Dyna which lends itself to being easily changed into what you want. Obviously you can change up any Dyna you buy but the SB comes with less stuff on it, therefore less to take off that which you don't like.

The Dyna family is great all by itself though.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:38 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
No .. no... You got it all wrong fellas... now say it with me.. its pronounced ..Sooooooo-per... -Glide...

the KING of the Dynas is the SUPERGLIDE.. first bike of its kind.. shovelhead days.. big FLHs, softies and sporties that was it...

Then someone at the MoCo said hey.. what if we.. put the big engine... and a sportster nose/headlight.. and... bango! instant hit...
Without the Super Glide no other Dyna would exist. Currently made or not; in my opinion that makes it King. I'll even go one better; it was the first manufactured "cruiser" if you will. Built and sold long before the Viragos, Shadows and all the other copies. Dynas tend to bring in younger riders to the fold, which is a great thing. But lets not forget where it all started.

I have a Road King and a Super Glide. I love them both but if one bike had to go it wouldn't be my Super Glide.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 08-28-2015 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:22 AM
DYNA962
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
The King of the Dynas is the Low Rider. Furthermore, the King of the Low Riders is the 2016 Low Rider with the 103 HO engine.
I love all the dynas but the Lowrider and THE WIDE GLIDE ARE MY TWO FAVORITES. SOON I'LL BE HEADING TO EITHER AN ULTRA CLASSIC WITH 110 C.U. OR A STREET GLIDE WITH THE 110 C.U. JUST SO IT'S GOT ENUFF ***** TO PULL A TRAILER OR SIDE CAR FOR MY RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK/LAB MIX FUZZY CHILD. TRIED TO LOAD A PIC OF MY DYNA UNSUCKCESSFULLY I'LL GET A PICTURE UP OF THE FUZZY ONE AND MY FXDWG ONTO MY PROFILE ASAP. DAMN I LOVE THIS PLACE. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL THANKS FOR LISTENING.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:11 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboy slim
don't know about popular, but heard the salesman in the dealership near me say the fat bob was the best handling Harley ever today to a prospective customer.
The guy who said that doesn't know much about Harleys.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 AM
golferguy
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I'm going to agree that the Street Bob is most likely the best selling Dyna... But the KING of the Dyna line is the Wide Glide
All Hail the Wide Glide King

Old 08-28-2015, 09:21 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,065 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboy slim
don't know about popular, but heard the salesman in the dealership near me say the fat bob was the best handling Harley ever today to a prospective customer.
I was at the dealer yesterday checking out the 2016s and the guy said the same thing to me.
Must be in the training.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Obviously the Street Bob is the Lord Almighty, Grand Poobah, Most Exalted Ruler, Ichi Ban, Gamma Gobulin, You Number 1 Joe, Master of the Universe of not just all Dyna's but of all Harleys!

But don't take it from me, I'm known as a conservative with words
Wow agree agree agree and agree lol.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

Wide Glide

Old 08-28-2015, 02:20 PM
moosehunter22
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a streetbob with that being said I've always kinda thought wide glides were the kings of dyna family.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:34 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,079 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Obviously the Street Bob is the Lord Almighty, Grand Poobah, Most Exalted Ruler, Ichi Ban, Gamma Gobulin, You Number 1 Joe, Master of the Universe of not just all Dyna's but of all Harleys!

But don't take it from me, I'm known as a conservative with words

Quick Reply: King of the dyna's