Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDX-T Finishing Harley's work

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 07:23 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

Beg to differ, all...I had built and rode one of the best T-Sports, goggle image serch FXDXT or Dyna T Sport, the blue one was mine...
Had lower and narrower Sportster bars on it for a proper sport touring stance, did thousands of miles that way, too. Club Style is just that, a style...if you like it, good for you...enjoy yourself. I tried 8" high bars and for me it did not work. Got the bike down to 608lbs and had 111HP/117FT LBS. I' m sure the current owner is reading this thread, too. Great bikes...have put thousands on my tamer FXDF since selling the T. You seem to have gotten one relativly unmolested; enjoy your catch!

Old 08-28-2015, 07:24 PM
fhilliard
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem is that a FXDXT fairing goes below the lower triple clamp. I'll post pics when I get it done.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:27 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member

By lower do you mean cafe???
Those are meant to go with rearsets...

Last edited by sharkey; 08-28-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:54 PM
fhilliard
Intermediate

No not cafe, a standard. Check a1958 Triumph T-110 to see what I mean.

Last edited by fhilliard; 08-28-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

F___ the consensus. Lots of people lower their bars. Try some low rise drag bars.

I hate leaning back. A forward lean gives you better control. Also it's easier to absorb sudden jolts to your spine from big bumps, 'cause you can flex forward instead of the pressure going up your spine.
I think high bars look, well , stupid, like there is no concern for handling. Just for how do I look when I pippin' around.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

I almost put the bars from maybe is was the Nightster sporty or whatever it's called, not a bad bar but I ended up putting on some Wild 1 bars.

Only so much you can do when up against the seating position dictated by the peg position. So you do what you can, go for it.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Vonswanko
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

I put my signals down low below the T Sport fairing. I had to because when they were on the bars they were tucked behind the fairing.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:51 PM
fhilliard
Intermediate

Did you put the turn signal clamps above the lower triple clamp or above it? Any more pix?

Old 08-28-2015, 11:14 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by fhilliard
I've just purchased a slightly rough 2002 Dyna Super Glide T-Sport and am having it serviced for the first time in years.

After its first wash, things don't look too bad

Now here's my question. When I looked around for lower handlebar options I found that no one has lowered their handlebars. Check out the FXDXT pictures on Google and you'll see plenty that are higher, none lower. That means there are also no pictures of turn signals being re-positioned under the fairing and no pictures with longer mirror stalks. I'm amazed. Surely in country of 319 Million people, there must be one person who tried to finish the job Harley started in creating a "standard" motorcycle. Just for reference the stock bar is black, 7 inches high, 31 wide, with a pullback of 9 inches; all with dimples. I'm thinking of switching to an Iron 883 bar which is black, 3.75 inches high, 28.5 inches wide with a pullback of 4.75 inches.

The net effect of this change will tip me forward a bit, tuck me in more behind the fairing and give me a lower profile. It will also call for a lower windscreen, plus the turn signal and mirror changes mentioned earlier. I just can't believe I'm the first person to figure this out; it's so obvious. Take a look at a Vincent Black Prince for a reference to another remarkably similar bike.
Just happen to have the bars off my old T; they're the exact dimensions you described - Iron 883. I used turn signal mirrors...

Old 08-29-2015, 07:27 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

rode a bunch of miles on a dyna with shorty risers and flat track bars, very comfy.

i cant ride with straight or drag bars because i need a little angle in my wrists

Quick Reply: FXDX-T Finishing Harley's work