Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can You Tour With a Dyna??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:54 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I did 4800 miles in ten days on my 02 wide glide and did just fine. Comfy is what counts in my book, and my mustang vintage wide seat gave me that, along with fwd and mid pegs to change up my foot positioning

Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

During a trip to Sturgis last year, I saw more Dynas on the road than touring bikes on trailers. So yes, you can tour on a Dyna.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:05 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert S.
Thanks. I was hoping to avoid a license plate relocation on mine to put saddle bags on, but there is apparently no way around it. I just had the mini sissi bar removed and a detachable kit installed which already required a turn signal relocation kit as well.
Yeah the only way to avoid it is having small bags. It's not a big deal to do and doesn't cost much. About $20-$25 if I remember correctly. It just moved it a couple inches back. Remove 2 screws, place the bracket. Install 4 screws.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,512 Likes on 803 Posts

Of course you can. I do all the time. I think you're preaching to the choir on the Dyna forum here. I've seen plenty of people on the general chat section disagree with us all, and say you NEED that bagger to tour. Some say you need to trailer to go to a rally like Sturgis, so you can enjoy yourself when you get there, or as one poster said "so I can walk once I get there." Whatever.

This year my Dyna had an electrical box fry the day before I left for Sturgis. I rode my wifes Sportster up there instead. No big deal. Both her new Sportster and my Dyna are like Cadillacs compared to what I rode for years.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

This is my touring set up

Old 08-30-2015, 07:12 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Did 5k in two weeks while on my sturgis trip, other than the high speed wobble I got twice while flying thru the mountains, it was a great ride.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:27 PM
Raven1967
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did about 3000 miles to Sturgis and back,yes its easy to tour on a Dyna.Leather Pro bags and my Tour master pack make it nice.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:24 PM
BigEasyRider
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can we say touring :-)

A 300 mile round trip just to sip Corona's on the beach

Old 08-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

My sig pic was taken at the Mt Mitchell summit in NC this summer during a trip that was just shy of 2300 miles.

I find no problems with touring on my Dyna.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:47 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
This post will hopefully answer the question of "Can you tour on a Dyna?" The picture of our luggage on the cart does NOT include our saddlebags. Those were left on the bikes.
I used the Nelson Rig CTB 1000 King Roller Packwith rollers on the rear and built in extendable handle( similar as a airport bag) on the rear of a 13" sisy bar, and Saddleman R 1300 LE Deluxe roll bag on the front of the sissy bar. Worked great. Placed the roll bag on top of the larger bag and had no trouble getting to my room. Like going through a airport. So far its the best system I have used over the years. Found it on Amazon.
I also had a custom windshield made by Rifle. Much better than OEM quick release touring windshield.
It fits the harley hardware and quick brackets. I am still able to easily see over the top, but very little wind from the sides.
I also used a Harley inflatable seat pad. No numb ***.
I was planning to remove the 13 inch sisy bar and larger windshield after the trip, but liked them so much that I have not switched back. I even sold my oem windshield on ebay. Got my asking price.
If anyone is interested, contact me and I can give more details.
With all said, I still feel the Road King is a much better cruiser, but not nearly as much fun. For the two or three trips a year I find my Street Bob much better for an all around bike. I use it most every day around town and to go to golf course or even causual shopping.

Quick Reply: Can You Tour With a Dyna??