Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 wide glide rake

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 05:44 PM
agove
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2012 wide glide rake

this question has probably been asked, if so I'm sorry. does anyone know if there is anything out there that will take the rake away from my wide glide? I love the way the bike looks, but I want to reduce the rake for handling. I'm seriously considering trading in for a new lowrider, but they said 9 grand for my bike and fork out 6500 which I won't do. I'll sell it private before that. anyone have any suggestions? I know the rake is in both the trees and the frame, I just wish I could get it to a lowrider or super glides rake.

Old 08-29-2015, 06:01 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by agove
this question has probably been asked, if so I'm sorry. does anyone know if there is anything out there that will take the rake away from my wide glide? I love the way the bike looks, but I want to reduce the rake for handling. I'm seriously considering trading in for a new lowrider, but they said 9 grand for my bike and fork out 6500 which I won't do. I'll sell it private before that. anyone have any suggestions? I know the rake is in both the trees and the frame, I just wish I could get it to a lowrider or super glides rake.
Change your front tire and or wheel and tire to bit wider and it will handle fine. My wide glide handles better than my old sporty. May be able to throw midglide front on it but don't think it would be that much better handling.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:30 PM
agove
Road Captain

Originally Posted by slyedog
Change your front tire and or wheel and tire to bit wider and it will handle fine. My wide glide handles better than my old sporty. May be able to throw midglide front on it but don't think it would be that much better handling.
I've thought about putting fat bob trees on it to bring the front end back some, but theres still the rake in the frame. riding that low rider was a damn night and day difference and I don't think a wider tire would make up for that. I've been on it for 3 years and I love it, but it's just not set up for my riding style. my exhaust and pegs are thrashed from cornering.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:22 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Go on ebay and buy a set of 0 degree triple tree's that will fit a dyna. The front end will sit up higher if you don't shorten the tubes or buy shorter tubes. But that's really all there is too it. A few hundred bucks and you have what you want.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

I think Fat Bob trees are a direct swap with less rake.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:15 PM
agove
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Reindeer
I think Fat Bob trees are a direct swap with less rake.
fat bob trees should be a direct swap.

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Go on ebay and buy a set of 0 degree triple tree's that will fit a dyna. The front end will sit up higher if you don't shorten the tubes or buy shorter tubes. But that's really all there is too it. A few hundred bucks and you have what you want.
I'll check those out. I'll keep the stock length and get some taller rear shocks so I don't drag exhaust everywhere I go.

Old 06-12-2022, 10:30 PM
Cooder
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
i have a 2012 wide glide. Any recommendations with the triple trees? I’m looking on eBay and I’m just worried about fitment.