Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wobble over 90

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 03:28 AM
Kickstand44
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Just thought I would give an update. I took the windshield off today before I left for work. Wasn't able to check anything on the way due to traffic. On the way home tonight I was able to open her up, and she was stable as she could be all the way over 100 mph. So now I know when I'm running the windshield keep it around 85 haha.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:01 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kickstand44
Ok, so on my way home tonight I was running down a 2-lane around 85 mph. Considering I've only had the bike a week, I haven't really pushed it. Once I hit right around 90 the front end started to wobble a little. Once I got back to around 85, it quit. I do have a windshield on the bike. I'm wondering if that could be what caused it, or is there something else I should look at? Thanks.
When a front tire is a bit out of balance it will find rpms that will cause a harmonic that you can feel, but can't feel at other speeds. Maybe that is what you feel at 90 but not at 85--- just a thought!

Old 09-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Glad the windshield seemed to be the fix. I noticed a wobble on my street bob around 80 and have done a lot of research on it. There are so damn many opinions and options on this. Oddly enough since swapping bars I haven't noticed the wobble, however I haven't been on the interstate with them yet, but 80+ on the back roads it seems its completely gone. Also, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride!

Old 09-04-2015, 09:12 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonesee
Start easy and cheap first:
- Check your grip on the handlebars. Too tight of a grip will cause a wobble. (free)
- Check the air in your tires. A couple of pounds either way can cause a wobble. Especially if it is low. (free)
- Pull the windshield off if it is removable and make a run. (free)

I will bet a buck one of those things will fix it.
If not:

Check the front end.
- Fall-away (free)
- Bad bearings (free)

Work your way down and back the bike.
- Motor mounts and alignment. (free)

Find out what the issue is before you start throwing money at a problem. The last guy that posted this same question here, spent the money, added a True-trak, then learned his tire pressure was low. (ouch)

You don't say what year and mileage your bike is. I am assuming it is used. If it is new, check how tight you grip the bars, the tire pressure, then take it to the dealer for warranty.
BTW, if you take it to a dealer and tell them you get a wobble at 90, they will tell they can't help you because they can't go that speed to recreate the issue. You will need to tell them you get a slight wobble at interstate or passing speeds.
One of the best answers I have read on this subject on this forum.
Good to hear you found your issue easily.