Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Minor Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Just noting that we recommend our Tripper styles for medium-distance riders. We call it a "200-mile" seat - if you are riding more than this a day, it might not carry you as far as you'd like. Yes, there are riders putting 500 miles a day on Trippers. They are the exception, not the rule, by my experience.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:32 PM
AUburner
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I plan on doing around 800 miles round trip to Daytona for bike week this next year...That's just travel miles there and back, not miles while I'm there.

So, I guess I'll find out.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:07 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the look, I have been debating getting one for awhile. Jackyl

Old 10-06-2015, 08:15 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 806 Likes on 540 Posts

Did the Tripper lower you all? I'm 5'6" and I currently run a Saddlemen Profiler, it lowered me a little bit from stock and I do really like it, but I just wanted something with a lil more attitude when I'm out cruising the back roads.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:07 AM
BMWelch09
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I switched from a mustang spring solo and that out me up a good 4 inches so the tripper lowered me a lot. Not sure how low it is compared to a stock seat.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:56 AM
AUburner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
Did the Tripper lower you all? I'm 5'6" and I currently run a Saddlemen Profiler, it lowered me a little bit from stock and I do really like it, but I just wanted something with a lil more attitude when I'm out cruising the back roads.
I would say it is definitely lower than stock...The stock seat that was on the bike before had some of the padding cut out to make it lower, this wide tripper is about the same or lower than that.

I'm 5'8 and with the bike as low as shown in the picture, I can flat foot sitting on the bike. Personally, the seat profile is as low as I would want to go.The pictures don't do it justice. It is definitely a low profile seat, and I was considering the bare bones...

In this picture you can get an idea of the seat height.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:36 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks for the pix my man that helped a lot. I tested the height on my stock seat and the Saddlemen Profiler today, feels as though the Profiler sits me up a bit more, but it is insanely comfortable and will be my long haul saddle. I ordered the Tripper today, I think its going to be perfect for the round town and countryside rides. Thanks.

Are those lowering blocks on your Dyna AUburner?

Old 10-07-2015, 06:57 PM
BMWelch09
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10-07-2015, 07:44 PM
AUburner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
Thanks for the pix my man that helped a lot. I tested the height on my stock seat and the Saddlemen Profiler today, feels as though the Profiler sits me up a bit more, but it is insanely comfortable and will be my long haul saddle. I ordered the Tripper today, I think its going to be perfect for the round town and countryside rides. Thanks.

Are those lowering blocks on your Dyna AUburner?
Glad I could help! I think you'll be happy with it.

Yeah, they are 1" lowering blocks. I think the springs are 11.5's. I figured I would try them out....they've been on for a couple of weeks, and have had no issues.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:58 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

AUburner, that thing looks killer. I thought about the blocks too, I ride solo 99% of the time and plan on a few week long trips, not really sure how they'll do on a fully loaded bike, not like its going to be a 1000lbs, being a backpacker for so many years I can pack pretty light.

BMWelch09, thanks for those pix man, nice ride bro, I'm really looking forward to the seat. Doing detachable hardware this weekend so I can pull the bags and rack when I don't need it, may do a small solo bag.
Thanks again for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Mustang Wide Tripper Solo & Minor Updates