Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's Myths & Facts

Old 09-23-2015, 12:29 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Go for the Wide Glide. You won't be sorry.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Unbalanced Bob
At least some of the Moco's hype is correct. Nothing looks, sounds, and feels like a Harley except a Harley.
This is it in a nutshell. I visit the local bike shops whenever new models arrive and while I appreciate most of them, there are none that have the character, class and soul of a Harley. That would explain why I recently got my 2nd one.

Last edited by Nickatnyt; 09-23-2015 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:49 AM
CityRider76
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Qdog002
CityRider, what you need to do is go to your nearest HD dealer and test ride 3 or 4 models. You should then be able to tell if a Harley is for you.
Did that already... that's why I'm here...lol. I rode the Street Bob, Wide Glide, V Rod, and Night Rod. Then at some point I rode my buddy's Deuce. I think I'm leaning towards the Wide Glide, though I'd love to test ride a Fat Bob at some point...

Old 09-23-2015, 05:57 AM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its the same crap between Ford and Chevy. Either you love Harleys or you don't. Go for the Wide Glide, and never look back.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:26 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Have you taken a look at the Low Rider? Closest thing they make to a standard MC, adjustable controls/seat and really great to ride.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:37 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by CityRider76
Obviously I don't think Harley's are junk, otherwise I wouldn't be interested in one. I'm just curious where they get all of their bad press from.
rumors started by jealous metric owners...

Old 09-23-2015, 06:46 AM
kainvamp
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I went from riding a yamaha r6 to my fatbob last year and couldn't be happier. Bike now has almost 13k miles on it, 8k of which I rode. Haven't had a problem yet. The only other harley I've ridden was a street bob, but I would suggest checking out a fatbob. Handles great around town, and I've done some 300+ miles days and was just fine on it.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:52 AM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, maybe I'll get flammed, but - I've owned bikes since 1969 - mostly dirt bikes. All Jap bikes except my current '04 Dyna which I bought in '11. I've had more trouble with/done more work on/been stranded on side of road on/spent more $ on repair parts on/ my Dyna that all the other bikes I've owned - combined. It just is what it is. I wanted a H-D since '69. Honestly, this will be my last one.

To be fair, I must say my Dyna was a police model, used & abused by a PD for 50K miles before it showed up on my doorstep, & I got it for a darn good price. I'm a pretty good mechanic, so I figgered I could fix anything, & keep er running. Sure never figgered I'd be wrenching more than riding, or that I'd spend 2X the purchase price on parts alone (so far).

Not complainin, just sayin.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:10 AM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll bite. My name is Andy, and I used to be a HD trash ****** on my metrics, but secretly wanted one since I was 6. (I'm 32 now and JUST got my first HD, love it).

Now, I've had Hondas, Suzukis and Kawasakis previously. I can say I never really had any problems with them, other than routine maintenance, or issues I introduced by my own creativity - lol. But, like any machine, there are good ones/bad ones/lucky ones/unlucky ones. If you treat it nice and keep up on maintenance, it should be fine.

I think back in the day people could claim that Japanese bikes were better built. My 82 Kaw 550 runs like the day it was made, with 25k on the clock. Not sure many HD's from the era can claim that. However, that was 30 years ago. I think that for a while, HD's quality wasn't there (just my opinion), but neither was other american car makers. It seems times have changed now. Also, I think alot of the HD hate stems from either 1. jealousy or 2. the so-called image HD's and their riders have.

In the end, these are just my opinions, and I love all motorcycles. If its got 2 or maybe 3 wheels and you wanna ride, lets go. I do have a soft spot in my heart for the old Kaw's though. And as much as I loved my 93 shadow 1100 with drag pipes and its unique teal color, its just not the same as my HD. And I'm not really in the whole HD lifestyle, like my relatives. I have a couple shirts and jacket and love to ride.

Last edited by apblingAEW; 09-23-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:56 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Firewoman
Go for the Wide Glide. You won't be sorry.
I have an02 wg and love it for one-up riding. 119k and does just fine, other than a slight shift- shaft seal leak, that I won't worry about until the next belt change ( unless it gets bad) I got an 03 egc for when mama wants to go. She got hurt in Walmart and can no longer handle the seating position and foot rest placement on the wg but can do the egc with new super shox on the rear. Best of both worlds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley's Myths & Facts