Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

110 big bore and cams for my 14 FXDL

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:01 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Great to hear that you're using the FP3 on this. any challenges or issues with the install?
No.. that's really, really sad to hear.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:34 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DonN
Do these come preinstalled with compression releases? Add them if not included.
The 14 FXDL has automatic compression releases, with the 10.2 to 1 compression, on the earlier years you'd probably be best to do manual compression releases to handle the pressure.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:36 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer

Originally Posted by gant
so this new 110 kit requires no case boring? anyone have a link?
There is also more information on pg 79 of the 2016 Harley Screaming Eagle parts catalog. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:39 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer

Great to hear that you're using the FP3 on this. any challenges or issues with the install?
I'm having a little bit of a stutter when the bike is coming off idle at slow speeds (ie pulling out of parking lot or a stop light). I'm planning on contacting V&H today to see if they have any insight on this, if not I'll just continue doing the SmartTune as I break in the new motor.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:56 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
No.. that's really, really sad to hear.
C'mon now Vdop, every new product had to start somewhere!

This will help to either add credibility to the possibilities of the FP3, or solidify it as a tuner that has a set niche. Already there are a few pros out there willing to use the FP3 for tuning if they have to and apparently V&H is working on data logging options as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes

Old 10-08-2015, 01:57 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CornbredNE

There is also more information on pg 79 of the 2016 Harley Screaming Eagle parts catalog. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Thank you so much!

Did you change your throttle body or have ported heads?

Old 10-08-2015, 02:17 PM
CornbredNE
Tourer

Thank you so much!

Did you change your throttle body or have ported heads?
I did ported/decked/big valve CNC heads, no throttle body maybe at a later date.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:43 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

C'mon now Vdop, every new product had to start somewhere!

This will help to either add credibility to the possibilities of the FP3, or solidify it as a tuner that has a set niche. Already there are a few pros out there willing to use the FP3 for tuning if they have to and apparently V&H is working on data logging options as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes
I guess I'm one of those guys, I've dyno tuned them. Not because I had to, because I was willing to try a new product. Customer was so upset with how it ran beforr that he was willing to buy any tuner I recommended and dyno tune. I told him to keep his money and I'd be happy to try it out. Tune came out great, customer is very happy and I'll never use another one. Biggest pita I've ever tuned.

And "auto tunes" on a fresh motor?

Old 10-09-2015, 08:31 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

In the case of my wife's 08 Low Rider, if I go with this kit I'll use S&S E-Z start cams and the SEPST...myself and one of my brothers have the E-Z starts and they work great; function every time you start without remembering to push buttons, or add more wires. Really great for those hot starts after re-fueling at 100F. My bike already has a 103 kit; the 110 would not be worth the effort in my case...unless I swapped the 103 onto the wife's...hmmm
Wonder if a stock tuner can work with an SE 103 kit and mild cams?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:03 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by vdop
I guess I'm one of those guys, I've dyno tuned them. Not because I had to, because I was willing to try a new product. Customer was so upset with how it ran beforr that he was willing to buy any tuner I recommended and dyno tune. I told him to keep his money and I'd be happy to try it out. Tune came out great, customer is very happy and I'll never use another one. Biggest pita I've ever tuned.

And "auto tunes" on a fresh motor?
That I do understand, I also had a great tuner work on my bike with the FP3 and loved the results. But yeah, PIA would be an understatement, swapping the PV back and forth on the dyno, connecting the FP3, with him telling me what to input on the Ipad I was using.

Looking forward to getting ride reviews on this kit though. Price is pretty good!

Quick Reply: 110 big bore and cams for my 14 FXDL