Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member. First Harley. First post. Question about suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:11 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Blitch
They are already on the highest setting.

I've actually debated on air ride for the rear. I can piece together a kit for under $200 and have adjustable. I may end up going that route, but was looking at all options first.
Have you thought about longer shocks and then put on the lowering blocks? Any way it goes, being 260 with short shocks that give you the look you want is going to be a tough nut to crack. You can go for the look or for the ride but I doubt you are going to get both. Perhaps some heavier springs on what you have may help.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Brandon Blitch
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxdwg
Have you thought about longer shocks and then put on the lowering blocks? Any way it goes, being 260 with short shocks that give you the look you want is going to be a tough nut to crack. You can go for the look or for the ride but I doubt you are going to get both. Perhaps some heavier springs on what you have may help.
I actually didn't realize this was a possibility until just now. I just looked and found some adjustable blocks with like 4 holes, that way I guess I can set it to what suits my likes the best. I guess now, I just need to find some taller all black shocks/springs.

Anyone got some they wanna trade??

Old 10-08-2015, 05:10 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm wondering if you are bottoming out and preload is set correctly if the shocks are maybe blown....?

I've got Burly Slammers on my SB and I weigh more than you and I only bottom out on big bumps or potholes.

You can look online and find how to properly set your preload or "sag". It's worth a try since it's free. Wondering if it's set so stiff that it feels like it's bottoming out?

Either way you will not find a better ride than with the air shocks. You can slam it for riding around town then bump it up for the twisties!

Old 10-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Brandon Blitch
4th Gear

Oh no. When I sit on it, all the coils in the around are touching each other almost. They are set on their highest setting.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:02 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 806 Likes on 540 Posts

hey brother, put that beer down and pick up that rake, that rides guna need a nice clean and tidy spot to rest at the end of a long day....bustn' ur ***** bro.

Take a look at the Hagon, talk to Dave Quinn, he may be able to help you. He's doing mine over the winter. I need to lower her a bit but keep the ride, I'm a lil smaller then you so I should be ok.
Good Luck.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:46 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have a set of new take off's from a Street Bob.

If you get a two up seat and have a gal to take on a ride just PM me and I will send them to you. I only ask two things. Pay it forward when you get a chance and send me a pick of both off you on the bike with a big smile.

Of course from the looks of the picture they would raise the rear about 2 inchs.

Those Sporty shocks are not acceptable for one up let alone two up. I would not ride fast over a bad road it I were you.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:04 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
hey brother, put that beer down and pick up that rake, that rides guna need a nice clean and tidy spot to rest at the end of a long day....bustn' ur ***** bro.

Take a look at the Hagon, talk to Dave Quinn, he may be able to help you. He's doing mine over the winter. I need to lower her a bit but keep the ride, I'm a lil smaller then you so I should be ok.
Good Luck.
I went this route. Dave Quinn is a great guy and asks a lot of questions about your bike, how you ride and how much weight your bike is going to be carrying. He'll spring the shocks based on these specs. I went up 1" to a length of 13". You additional travel in the shock by going up and it allows a plusher ride.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Brandon Blitch
4th Gear

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I have a set of new take off's from a Street Bob.

If you get a two up seat and have a gal to take on a ride just PM me and I will send them to you. I only ask two things. Pay it forward when you get a chance and send me a pick of both off you on the bike with a big smile.

Of course from the looks of the picture they would raise the rear about 2 inchs.

Those Sporty shocks are not acceptable for one up let alone two up. I would not ride fast over a bad road it I were you.

I've actually already got a two up seat. I just like the look of the solo seat. If you're willing to send them to me, I'll be glad to pay shipping and take plenty of pictures. I would greatly appreciate it, and I love the idea of paying it forward. I'm always helping folks out the same way!