Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, went and looked at a Dyna today... :-|

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Buckmaster299
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So, went and looked at a Dyna today... :-|

So, I went the other day and looked a decent looking 2005 Dyna with roughly 23k miles on it. Not sure of the exact model(had mag wheels(not spokes). I had em fire it up, and there was A LOT of shaking on the engine all the way to the front wheel. Something about this doesn't seem normal to me and I am not seeing any other bikes on youtube doing this. Am I off here? or is there some shaking to be expected?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:27 PM
ToffeeBrown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dynas shake a lot at idle. They don't shake at highway speeds. Mine shakes a TON at idle, but it is mechanically perfect. I do 15-17k a year on it.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Buckmaster299
Tourer

Ok. Thanks. I'm pretty sure it was a superglide(not sure of exact one. Memory sux), but it struck me as odd. Thanks for the reply.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:44 PM
BigEasyRider
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

2014 Dyna super glide custom fxdc
Shake, Rattle, and Roll :-)

Old 10-11-2015, 07:45 PM
AGSURFR
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckmaster299
So, I went the other day and looked a decent looking 2005 Dyna with roughly 23k miles on it. Not sure of the exact model(had mag wheels(not spokes). I had em fire it up, and there was A LOT of shaking on the engine all the way to the front wheel. Something about this doesn't seem normal to me and I am not seeing any other bikes on youtube doing this. Am I off here? or is there some shaking to be expected?
Friend let me ride his '01 Wide Glide. Back then I had only ridden Sportsters. Everyone kept telling me how much Sportys vibrate. Got on his Dyna and at idle I thought it was going to shake me off. Once rolling all that goes away. I knew one day I would have a Dyna.

Almost bought a Fat Bob when they first came out while I was in Iraq. Knew I was going to be busy the next few years so I waited. The newer frames don't vibrate as much but I would not think twice about picking up a older Dyna if a deal fell into my lap.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:47 PM
ToffeeBrown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bike looks like it is going to shake itself to pieces at idle haha. At 80 mph, I can set a cp of coffee on my tank without spilling it.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:52 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckmaster299
Completely normal!!!!!

Old 10-12-2015, 01:39 AM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

hell yeah..

no way i want to own a harley that dosent vibrate the hell out of me when in idle at the intersection.. i love it!

Its smooth down the road thoug

Old 10-12-2015, 04:34 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Agree with what others have said. Dynas have a cool vibration at idle, but smooth out nicely once the clutch is out.

But, if it shakes much while riding it could be the front engine mount has collapsed.

It's a chunk of rubber sandwiched between two bits of steel. One bolted the to the engine, the other to the frame. It's a cheap (maybe $70) part that you can replace yourself if you're basically mechanical.

Dynas have three rubber mounts: one at the top (between the cylinder heads), one at the back (low in front of the rear wheel) and one at the front (low where just where the frame turns under the engine). The front one tends to crap itself, but luckily is easy to replace.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Buckmaster299
Tourer

Thank you all for the responses. At least now I know it is normal. HAHA. I was kind of worried when i saw him fire it up and the font wheel shake. Thanks again for info. Anymore questions, I'm sure I'll be back to ask em. I'm still hunting that perfect bike for me.

Quick Reply: So, went and looked at a Dyna today... :-|