Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Pissed off 90% of my local dealership, because i'm stupid

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 04:40 PM
ToffeeBrown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Duel disk brakes on a skinny front tire wide glide? Even HD engineers know better than that.
people are smarter than engineers!

Old 10-12-2015, 05:06 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Originally Posted by ToffeeBrown
How does the lowrider feel cramped compared to the wide glide? The only difference would be forward controls, and those are only a couple hundred dollars. They are much larger than a Sporty...

And the Fatbob is a killer bike.
It may be the (removable) seat lumbar pad insert on the LR seat. It may be nice for really short people but even at 5'8 I felt cramped on it. The first thing I did when I got mine home was to pull the seat and remove that lumbar pad. There are two screws you have to remove from the bottom of the seat then you replace the plastic name plate.

The seat itself is pretty damn comfy compared to other stock seats I've used once you remove that rear pad thing.

See attached pics of the pad I'm talking about:

Last edited by kontiki; 10-12-2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Add pic of seat pad
Old 10-12-2015, 05:08 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
this morning i woke up and decided to pull the trigger on a self-birthday gift dyna wide glide and rang up the dealer to let them know i was coming in.

I rode the 2015 and said, "great, have one with out flames and with dual disc front brakes?" sales folks say no flameless bike in the area and dual brakes are a no go on the WG.

i them asked if i could just order one with out the stupid flames and an added dual disk brake set up. they said no.

vivid black only non-flame option... only dual discs are low rider and fat bob. they told me i could rake out the low rider and upgrade the brakes (more pistons).

they said the low rider or the fat bob are the best way to go for me. i sat on the low rider and felt like i was on my sporty, but, somehow, more cramped. the fat bob is not pretty and not what i'm after.

---- what to do here?

How did telling them what you wanted **** them off? And why is it stupid to tell them what you want?

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-12-2015, 05:10 PM
ToffeeBrown
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kontiki
It may be the (removable) seat lumbar pad insert on the LR seat. It may be nice for really short people but even at 5'8 I felt cramped on it. The first thing I did when I got mine home was to pull the seat and remove that lumbar pad. There are two screw you have to remove from the bottom of the seat then you replace the plastic name plate.

The seat itself is pretty damn comfy compared to other stock seats I've used once you remove that rear pad thing.
I am aware of that pad and I agree. I just assumed that if it felt cramped, he would have taken it off and then tried it out.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:11 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

::snip::

i've wanted a WG for two years. i just want dual disks and no silly flames. i didn't think it would be unreasonable to ask for a special order from the factory since i was buying new at $16k+instead of trying to piece together a bunch of parts for a conversion and maintaining the abs...

Then you apparently want a Low Rider, the Wide Glide isn't a Wide Glide without the flames, it's a part of the origins of the design. To me it's like wanting a Wide Glide but wanting the narrow front... not a Wide Glide any longer. The only Wide Glide that got away without flames and pulled it off was the FXDG, a Willie G special limited run Wide Glide from '83. A Wide Glide without flames is a Super Glide with Wide Glide forks and trees and forward controls on it, nothing more.

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Duel disk brakes on a skinny front tire wide glide? Even HD engineers know better than that.
Yep... If you practice threshold braking you'll find out just how quickly you can pull a Wide Glide down from speed; something I practice weekly And if you actually practice threshold braking you'll discover the single disk works just fine but the suspension will be your weak point. I rather have upgraded suspension components instead of a second disc on a 21" front wheel...

Old 10-12-2015, 05:26 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
If you want the WG, get the WG and do a dual disk conversion. The dealer can find you a black one or order if you want it. If not, go to another dealer. I am not a huge fan of the Tallahassee Harley folks anyway. They still think this is the 80s when you can treat your customer like crap and they will still deal with you because they have an exclusive product. Just not the case anymore. If it were me though, I would get the lowrider and add forward controls. Then later on you could get a used set of WG trees and still have the dual front brakes if that's what you want. You would have no problem swapping the rims for spokes either. Lots of folks like the club look and you have to have mags...The Lowrider is a lot of bike and a good starting point. I have had three Dynas (including a WG). The Lowrider is the only one I would have other than my Bob...By the way, if you add mids to the WG, you will have less room than the Lowrider. It comes with 2" forward mid controls. Is it possible when you rode the Lowrider that they still had the seat spacer on it that pushes you forward?

yes, the spacer was there. it came up when i told the sales guy how i felt about the bike. he said it could be removed. that was good

Old 10-12-2015, 05:31 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ToffeeBrown
people are smarter than engineers!
I plan on yanking the spokes for mags. no more skinny. the calipers,disc, slider, abs control, and lines are the real concern. pot shot notwithstanding

Old 10-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

I plan on yanking the spokes for mags. no more skinny. the calipers,disc, slider, abs control, and lines are the real concern. pot shot notwithstanding
It sounds like you want a Lowrider? Everything you want to change is already done on the Lowrider...

Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom
How did telling them what you wanted **** them off? And why is it stupid to tell them what you want?
they got frustrated with me rejecting the FB and LR.

They went trying to find the parts to convert the LR to a WG, then settled on the rake being in the frame of the WG. looked through available trees and found that their supply folks only had 29 rakes, not 34 like the WG.

we were all visibly frustrated for varying reasons... mostly me not accepting what was sitting in the shop.

honestly, it's understandable. i've been in their shoes.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:52 PM
ToffeeBrown
Cruiser

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
It sounds like you want a Lowrider? Everything you want to change is already done on the Lowrider...
He wants a Lowidegliderbobster.

Quick Reply: Just Pissed off 90% of my local dealership, because i'm stupid