Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorway engineering/ Vulcan engineering Company

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Overcast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Motorway engineering/ Vulcan engineering Company

What others are saying about these A-hoes is absolultely true. They will rip you off!!!!!!!!!!!

08-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Drewcongdon
New Member Join Date: Aug 2015

05-06-2015, 10:33 AM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member Join Date: May 2008

A necro post, but I figured it would help show a pattern. I ordered a set of wide glide Sportster trees and they arrived with the upper tree damaged. I contacted them and rather than saying they would take care of it I was basically called a liar. On my second email I was told they would exchange it, but wouldn't have any in stock for a week and to send him(Joe Johns the owner) a reminder email. I sent the reminder and got no response, waited a couple of days and inquired. Sent one yesterday asking for a tracking number and no response. I'm going to call this afternoon. If I get no response I'll send the entire thing back and disputed the charge. I'm not concerned about his issues on why, I just know he has $450 of my money and I have parts that arrived damaged. He has kept my lift table tied up for two weeks now while I try get this resolved.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:50 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep, he's a thieving a$$clown. I hope he enjoyed the giant ***** I sent him.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:59 PM
motorbikemike48
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 10-31-2015, 10:45 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 255 Posts

Yet when I dealt with Vulcan they were really good! Was I just lucky?

Old 11-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Overcast
Cruiser
Lightbulb scored an F

Thanks for the link. I see they've scored an F. I will have to add my appraisal to that site as well. They are the worst, and people need to know about that ahead of time.

Hey Joe Johns; enjoy the money you stole from me because that is all you're getting. You don't have my respect. You will never get a good referral from me.

Originally Posted by motorbikemike48

Old 11-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

They were one of the best vendors I've dealt with in a long time when I was needing rear pulley spacers. Fast shipping and no BS.

Sorry to hear about your deal.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:28 AM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,550 Posts

I dealt with them and it was no problem, even really good. I bought a Billet Wide tree, and had the wrong axle and spacers for the wheel I was using. I took measurements spoke with them and they sent me an axle and spacers per my measurements. (NO PROB)

Old 11-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,515 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by Spanners39
Yet when I dealt with Vulcan they were really good! Was I just lucky?

That's the way it usually works. If a "bad" company was bad constantly, they couldn't stay in business.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Overcast
Cruiser

I'd say you were lucky.

David6097
New Member Join Date: Sep 2007

VULCAN ENGINEERING/ MOTORWAY-- BUYER BEWARE!! I purchased a 3' raked cup set for my Dyna. I also purchased a wide glide triple tree. The cup set came with an extended tree bolt to cover the additional lenght with the new cups added. The problem is that the extended tree bolt has 1' threads on it and their triple trees come with a nut and are designed for 7/8. I contacted the guy who hastily said he would mail me an extended bolt with the 7/8 threads. Waited a week( he uses USPS- plus he paid the wrong amount of postage), and when I got it,it was the same stock length bolt that I already had. I called for two days and he would not pick up his phone. I had a friend call from a different exchange and he picked right up. I am not an irate person when dealing with people, so he can not say that I was hard to deal with. I even offered to pay postage or return the original bolt since I could not use it anyway. Now I am stuck with cups and a triple tree but no bolt. Have to start search for extended bolt. What kind of honest business dodges phone calls- I would say one that has no confidence in their products or just doesn't care about customers once they have your money. Maybe you won't have a bad experience, then again- maybe you will. I guess it boils down to if you want to take the gamble or not.
Alycat
New Member Join Date: Jun 2009

Hey guys, I found this thread on a Google search when trying to find more info on Motorway Engineering an had to chime in. I bought a wheel conversion kit (#4159) which consisted of an axle, disc spacer and axle spacer to mount a narrow glide wheel on a wide glide front end. The problem was, the axle didn't fit. There wasn't enough threads for the washer, split washer and nut. (ya know, parts that hold the wheel on). It was either milled incorrectly or I was sent the wrong axle. I called, emailed several times, no answer. I sent pics showing the problem, no response. I finally got Joe Johns, M.E. owner, on the phone. He told me to send it back for a refund. He then said he couldn't give a refund on a purchase made over 60 days. Ok, send me a new kit that fits. He said no problem, he'd get it in the mail that day. I waited and waited. Again, I called and emailed several times but no answer. Finally, after almost 4 weeks of waiting for the new kit, I drove to NH to get my parts personally! If you're planning to buy from M.E. be prepared to chase him, if you have a problem. He'll tell you whatever it takes, to get you off the phone. He's blamed the office people, the shipping dept and his son for the lack of service. I've spoke to him several times yet he's given me 2 different names when asked who it was that I was speaking to. First it was Joe, then Paul the programmer. Motorway Engineering is not as organized or professional as it appears to be on the website, it's quite the opposite as a matter of fact.