Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheelie setups

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 05:00 AM
Jeezy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikolaiownz
Chain is that because of gearing?
Most likely, most people who do chain conversion also change the gearing for more torque. That helps a bit and also the tires make a big difference. When I was running the Commander II's it was harder to get the bike up compared to the Avon Cobra's I run now. The Night Dragons are super sticky like mmeist said, but they wear pretty quick. Also like Vdop said, you can let a little bit of air out of the rear and that will help. As far as practicing I am sure its not good for your clutch. I run a Primo Rivera pro clutch and it takes a beating and has held up just fine over the years.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Ben Fauzio
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know a good tachometer set up, preferably a gauge that will match the stock speedo?

Old 11-19-2015, 01:29 AM
Jeezy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ben Fauzio
Anyone know a good tachometer set up, preferably a gauge that will match the stock speedo?
Are going for the look of running both or do you just want a tach to see RPM's? I run a Daytona digital speedo on mine, has a tach built in...

Old 11-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Ben Fauzio
Intermediate

Id like two gauges like the fxrs have.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:53 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

All I can seem to do is spin the tire. I get the bike to lurch or decompress the forks but the wheel doesn't come off.

I definitely want to learn though. Sport bike just throttle work brought the wheel up. In a Harley I'm hesitant and iffy on what I'm doing

I need some guidance.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:45 PM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

TTT for more wheelie pics!

Old 02-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Ben Fauzio
Intermediate

Anyone know a tach that will match the stock speedo? Ive been looking high and low and I continue to strike out. Any guidance?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:51 PM
WRKD4ITFLHX2008
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What year bike for the tech if it's 09-12 any bagger tech will work just need to wire it up.

Oh and if you can't pop a wheelie with a stock belt there is no reasons to go chain driven. Your gonna hurt yourself.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:00 AM
RippinRon
Advanced

I'll mange to find the sweet spot.... Get the front up a few feet and ride it for about 30ft.... Then when I continue to try and end of spinning the tire.... I guess I get too excited and let my emotions break my concentration haha.... Sport bikes I would wheelie front 1st-6th.... Dirt bikes and dual sports I'll ride them until I run out of road or lose my balance point and rely on motor....
This damn Harley comes up so fast and if you aren't ready, she'll slam back down and scare the crap outta you. Now with my rifle fairing in worried about slamming the front end down....
For now I'll just ride around and look like I can wheelie haha..... And drifting from a stop looks pretty cool as well lol

Old 02-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RippinRon
For now I'll just ride around and look like I can wheelie haha..... And drifting from a stop looks pretty cool as well lol
Haha same

Quick Reply: Wheelie setups