Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question For the California riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:37 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
This thread is funny how it took a few turns. Anyhow:
- no, we do not pay "property tax" on vehicles, unless you have it permanently affixed to a plot of land you own and live in it.
- sales tax sux...anywhere between 8% to 9%
- income tax sux
- real property tax is limited by proposition 13 to 1% of sales price per year. Then if you live in an area where people are math impaired they vote for every tax levy. Then add in inflation, so figure about 1.5% per year.

So, I am paying about $300 per year for my Harley annual registration, and about $400 per year for our Acura MDX registration. Oh yeah, how about $8K per year in property tax?

Pass the Corona and the sunscreen, and tell that girl along the beach that her thong is totally up her @ss.
8K? You must come from the streets of La Jolla

Old 11-25-2015, 01:34 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Lol, this thread has taken some interesting turns butbi learned a lot so thanks! I was originally told that even though I could prove that my mc and car were registered in a different state prior to CA that I would have to pay the difference between the two states' sales tax if the vehicles had less than 7500 miles on the odometer (which both had). Perhaps this was not accurate info but all done now.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:26 AM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,831 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDave13
8K? You must come from the streets of La Jolla
Not even. You wouldn't get off that cheap if you owned a home there, unless you bought your home a long time ago, and are getting Prop 13 protection.

If you're paying $8K a year in prop taxes, the assessed value of your home in probably in the vicinity of $800K. Much less, if you're also paying a Mello Roos bond assessment.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:05 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

this is interesting to me
in texas we have no state income tax, vehicle registration is $55, we have regular sales tax, property tax on the house goes up every year.

I am and have been self employeed for a lot of my adult life, so i pay a hefty federal self employment tax, if i had additional state income tax i dont think i could stay in business.