Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any pics of Dynas with gloss black derby, timing, horn, or air cleaner covers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 04:16 PM
Phlipper
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Any pics of Dynas with gloss black derby, timing, horn, or air cleaner covers?

Long shot, I know.

Thinking of having my plain derby and timing covers, round horn cover, and air cleaner cover powder coated gloss black. Will also do the fork lowers and triple trees.

I'm having the breaker box, battery, and headlight covers done to match the tank and fenders. Want to have a mixture of chrome and gloss black to go with that metallic red sunglo paint. Just curious if anyone had pics? Hate to do it and wind up thinking it looks like ***.

Last edited by Phlipper; 11-20-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:19 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

I can't picture that looking good. I love the black gloss looks, flat black and also chrome but it's all about how you combine this.

When I picture metallic red, and mixing black into that, and also a hint of chrome, it's going to look like a mismatch lego piece. I'm all about pairing the right combination of colors. It's not going to look awful, but it won't be a bike on the catwalk where people will be like "I wanna F*** that". Either go all black with the red, or go all chrome with the red. When you start mixing a trio of color combinations, it can easily lose it's "punch" based on the parts you are selecting unless you really have a good long term plan and vision.

It's like wearing brown shoes, jeans, black belt, red shirt. In the fashion world, the belt should be brown to match the shoes. In your case, it's a bit too much going on in my view. Still works if you like it, but I think if you are anything like me, if you are going to invest the time and money, you want the bike to ooze sex. =)

Old 11-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Odin510
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Red hot denim tank, most of the black is flat. Bike is apart with more parts getting black powder coating.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Odin510
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to agree with big bad, go all black or all chrome. On my bike, as you can see, I've been removing chrome and replacing with more black. My inner and outer primary are off for powder, so is the kickstand and rear turn signals. My fork lowers are next on the list for blackening. Basically the only chrome or metal remaining are pushrod tubes, rocker covers, and the triple trees and front turns. I may blacken the section of fork tubes between the triple trees. The tank emblems are also going flat black.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:24 PM
CAB
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've blacked out a bunch of stuff on my bike including the headlight bezel and horn cover. I also had the turn signals powdered black since this pic and I'll probably do the rear shocks too.

and installed black MX Tbars and exhaust.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Phlipper
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

" go all black with the red, or go all chrome with the red."

I think that's the ticket. I've found some pics with sunglo red and gloss black where all the chrome bits go, and that looked sharp. Priced gloss back outer primary, timing cover, etc. and it's not too bad $$ wise.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

My sig shows a football a/c cover PC'd gloss black. Got it off eBay with the insert for 60 bucks or so...

Old 11-21-2015, 07:07 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

no more cowbell

Old 11-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,510 Likes on 803 Posts

I think mixing black and chrome works fine. Black isn't a color and neither is chrome, and they both go with any other color. Mixing multiple colors is where things get tricky. Black, chrome, and red should work fine.

I've done a mix of black and chrome on my street bob and people seem to like it a lot. It looks better in person than on my crappy camera:

Old 11-22-2015, 05:56 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Milled off .400 to expose the filter .<br/>Gives it more of a growl. <br/>K+N filter and back plate .

Quick Reply: Any pics of Dynas with gloss black derby, timing, horn, or air cleaner covers?