Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outer Primary Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:03 AM
TLAugustine
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Outer Primary Swap

I want to put an adjustable chain adjuster on my 2014 FXDBP but I am not sure an older say 2000 era outer will fit so I can have the adjusting opening. I dont want to have to take the whole cover off everytime I want to check it. Does anyone know if an older one with the opening will work? I am thinking on the Baker that model looks like it will work with a primary with the opening but the Screamin Chicken Chicken I believe the cover needs to come off any way so for that reason I am not going with that one.I may be wrong but pretty sure that is the deal any info will be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Old 11-30-2015, 10:37 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer

Originally Posted by TLAugustine
I want to put an adjustable chain adjuster on my 2014 FXDBP but I am not sure an older say 2000 era outer will fit so I can have the adjusting opening. I dont want to have to take the whole cover off everytime I want to check it. Does anyone know if an older one with the opening will work? I am thinking on the Baker that model looks like it will work with a primary with the opening but the Screamin Chicken Chicken I believe the cover needs to come off any way so for that reason I am not going with that one.I may be wrong but pretty sure that is the deal any info will be greatly appreciated! Thank You!
The outer primary is completely different, you will have to take the outer cover off each time to check the adjustment.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:16 PM
TLAugustine
Intermediate

I was afraid of that! I Have enough old primaries I can maybe cut out the door part and weld it in and rechrome it somehow. It may not be worth the trouble but with the right tools it shouldnt be to bad. Thank You!