Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Old 02-05-2016, 07:55 AM
H-D Nomad
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbb129
Thought we were sharing our opinions here, not being bitchy little HD cheer leaders. Don't know what bubble you're living in, but in my America we get options. Usually lots of them. That mentality is why HD continues to lose market share. And if that's what you call high performance, you clearly haven't ridden a real motorcycle.
Nobody is forcing you to have the lowrider S, if you want 2-up and your not willing to pay to convert the lowrider get another type of Harley. However a lot of H-Ds revenue comes from parts accessories and clothing, it's the way the company is.
High performance is in relation to other H-D models, every one knows a crotch rocket is quicker but really is that what you call a real motorcycle? If you don't class Harley Davidsons as real motorcycles maybe you shouldnt get one or be part of a Harley forum. Now be careful out there on that 'real' motorcycle of yours (if you have one) while I go and ride my pretend one.

The following users liked this post:
Foreboding (09-26-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Cbb129
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by H-D Nomad
Nobody is forcing you to have the lowrider S, if you want 2-up and your not willing to pay to convert the lowrider get another type of Harley. However a lot of H-Ds revenue comes from parts accessories and clothing, it's the way the company is.
High performance is in relation to other H-D models, every one knows a crotch rocket is quicker but really is that what you call a real motorcycle? If you don't class Harley Davidsons as real motorcycles maybe you shouldnt get one or be part of a Harley forum. Now be careful out there on that 'real' motorcycle of yours (if you have one) while I go and ride my pretend one.
I've owned virtually every major brand of motorcycle under the sun, and am on many forums this being the most hostile if you say anything anti-Harley. I love my Harley BUT, I have major issues with the blatant gaffing of after market/purchase parts pricing most of which is foreign made. Even the new entry level bikes are made in India, never mind the clothing that is all foreign made. And if you can't discuss things intelligently and open minded, maybe you should get off the forum and just hang out with like minded HD groupies.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:23 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

I've owned virtually every major brand of motorcycle under the sun, and am on many forums this being the most hostile if you say anything anti-Harley. I love my Harley BUT, I have major issues with the blatant gaffing of after market/purchase parts pricing most of which is foreign made. Even the new entry level bikes are made in India, never mind the clothing that is all foreign made. And if you can't discuss things intelligently and open minded, maybe you should get off the forum and just hang out with like minded HD groupies.
After market parts for any brand motorcycle are made overseas.

The Street is made in Kansas City and sold in the US. The ones produced in India are sold overseas.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:26 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

All the bitchin' and complaining going on here is ridicules. Bottom line, ALL Harley's have one thing in common that almost every other brand doesn't have......a large after market industry. Harley builds there bikes they way they do to cater to the few out there that buy a bike and leave it as is. Most Harley riders change so much that it would be a waste and costly expense for Harley to cater to every need on every bike purchase. Not to mention, what other bike company can you buy from that has the ability to be drastically customized as much as a Harley via the aftermarket industry? If you like it buy it, if not then don't. As far as I am concerned, a real motorcycle resembles a bicycle that is motor powered.

Last edited by blueangel73; 02-06-2016 at 09:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Foreboding (09-26-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 09:42 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,049 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Ya'll sure are gettin' all worked up about a motorcycle that will have a very limited production and most likely the dealers will have 'em marked up at least 3 grand over msrp like they do the cvo models.(the dealers in my area all do this)

I like the Low Rider S model but no way I'm gonna lose thousands of dollars on my perfectly good bike for the price of admission to play....

OK, ya'll can go back to your bitchin' and whining now...

Old 02-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Cbb129
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
Ya'll sure are gettin' all worked up about a motorcycle that will have a very limited production and most likely the dealers will have 'em marked up at least 3 grand over msrp like they do the cvo models.(the dealers in my area all do this)

I like the Low Rider S model but no way I'm gonna lose thousands of dollars on my perfectly good bike for the price of admission to play....

OK, ya'll can go back to your bitchin' and whining now...
You're absolutely right. I'm done. Nice Low Rider !!

Old 02-06-2016, 04:31 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,049 Likes on 1,627 Posts

You're absolutely right. I'm done. Nice Low Rider !!
Thanks...nice ZRX. I miss my '04 Z1000, wish I still had it.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by DUALLS
My buddy put a deposit on one today.My dealer said they are only able to get two.
Each Dealers year is broke up into quarters. So most likely there only getting 2 for that quarter. They will get more as the months go on. They like to say things like that to make people scramble , put deposits down and commit to buying. Little nifty scare tactic. Lol.. Unless its a super small dealership that sells bikes at top dollar and they don't sell many bikes and there inventory is stagnant . . In that case they probably have a small allotment from the Moco and will only get 2.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:25 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

just asked about these at the local dealer. Already sold 2 sight unseen. What we have all been waiting for. A dyna with some ***** from the factory. I have not personally ridden one yet. But I hear they are a blast.

Im still on 3 but miss the hell out of my streetbob. Best bike I ever had.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
just asked about these at the local dealer. Already sold 2 sight unseen. What we have all been waiting for. A dyna with some ***** from the factory. I have not personally ridden one yet. But I hear they are a blast.

Im still on 3 but miss the hell out of my streetbob. Best bike I ever had.
Nobody has ridden them yet. There not due at the Dealerships till mid March.
Cant wait to see it though. Should be an awesome bike..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Low Rider S