Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forty Eight to Fat Bob Initial Impressions

Old 01-16-2016, 12:00 PM
beanhead51
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forty Eight to Fat Bob Initial Impressions

Hey guys, I see a lot of posts asking about what bike to upgrade to and things like that. I thought I'd share my recent experience as I have upgraded from the Forty Eight to a Fat Bob.

Firstly, the reasons. I hated how small the range was on the Forty Eight and that it really isn't a 2-up bike. Everything else about the bike I loved. So when I went looking, I sat on several bikes. It came down to the Breakout and the Fat Bob as my final two choices. I went with the Fat Bob because it felt better and they had a 2015 that I got a solid deal on because the dealer wanted to get it out the door.

Secondly, my reaction. I absolutely love the bike. It is a dream to ride. Much smoother than the sporty, and even though it weighs 200# more, I feel it is just as nimble. Not to mention, having that sixth gear on the highway is great as I always was looking for another gear on the sporty. I also don't feel like I am falling off the back of the bike (could have been fixed if I bought a different seat for the forty eight).

Small dislikes: factory exhaust is too quiet but that's expected. The shifter seems to be in a strange place compared to the forty eight. I have to torque my foot a bit to shift where as on the forty eight it seemed more fluid. Not a big deal, probably going to just take some getting used to.

All in all I have zero regrets so far about the upgrade. Just seems like an absolutely solid bike all around. Can't wait to get past that 500 mi and really rip into it.

Hope this helps to anybody considering leaving the sporty world.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:30 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Congrats on the new bike. I also went from the 48 to a street Bob. as for the shifter he can be adjusted both up-and-down if that helps.

Have fun and be safe!

Old 01-16-2016, 06:39 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

If I ever replace my Super Glide, it will be with a Road King, or a Fat Bob if I decide to stay with Dynas. Need mini apes, got to make sure they look OK on the Fat Bob.