Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 10:55 PM
erkblack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 8 inch mini apes on my fxdb. Can I run a JD fairing with my bars?

Old 07-24-2016, 12:45 AM
Ezp19
Stage III

so did deviant fix their mounting hardware/bracket or not i'm still unclear?
I like the glove boxes on the Fxrd, but Bmc is a close 2nd for me so its a toss up until I can save enough.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Chris Pepin
Stage III

Originally Posted by Ezp19
so did deviant fix their mounting hardware/bracket or not i'm still unclear?
I like the glove boxes on the Fxrd, but Bmc is a close 2nd for me so its a toss up until I can save enough.
I'm installing the Deviant Fairing now. The bracket appears to be of good quality, made of powder coated gloss black steel. Apparently, it installs the same way that someone showed on a hand drawing a few pages ago. For me the installation is as clear as dirt. No pictures, instructions, nothing.. A pile of parts. Its going to take a week to figure it all out, and the reason I just signed up here. The Deviant web page has a set of instructions, but it appears to be the pre-modular design bracket. I just asked for instructions and got the same hand drawings here that appear to be part of a customers question to Deviant. I chose the FXRD fairing, it has a little closer inside dimension at the trees, which limits handlebar selection, but I thought it looked better and had more function. The fairing itself is a nice piece. Nice quality fiberglass, no disappointments. The fairing will need work for paint, the cuts out of the mold aren't exactly symmetrical, and some pitting in the jell coat. All items you would expect. Most people will be OK with it, I think I may be a little picky. One thing that drives me nuts about the Deviant is the glass work (windshield and headlight cover). I picked up a Clearview with an up sweep for the windshield. Deviant supplies a flat piece of material you wrap around the fairing for a windshield. The killer is the Logo on the headlight cover it is off center and looks horrible. I'll probably make the investment in the Clearview there as well. It will drive me nuts, so its worth the 60 bucks now to fix it. I'm going to get back to trying to find a photo or two of the bracket installed.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM
Chris Pepin
Stage III

Just got an email back from Deviant with about 50 photos showing the installation procedure.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:59 AM
baroth1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chris Pepin
I'm installing the Deviant Fairing now. The bracket appears to be of good quality, made of powder coated gloss black steel. Apparently, it installs the same way that someone showed on a hand drawing a few pages ago. For me the installation is as clear as dirt. No pictures, instructions, nothing.. A pile of parts. Its going to take a week to figure it all out, and the reason I just signed up here. The Deviant web page has a set of instructions, but it appears to be the pre-modular design bracket. I just asked for instructions and got the same hand drawings here that appear to be part of a customers question to Deviant. I chose the FXRD fairing, it has a little closer inside dimension at the trees, which limits handlebar selection, but I thought it looked better and had more function. The fairing itself is a nice piece. Nice quality fiberglass, no disappointments. The fairing will need work for paint, the cuts out of the mold aren't exactly symmetrical, and some pitting in the jell coat. All items you would expect. Most people will be OK with it, I think I may be a little picky. One thing that drives me nuts about the Deviant is the glass work (windshield and headlight cover). I picked up a Clearview with an up sweep for the windshield. Deviant supplies a flat piece of material you wrap around the fairing for a windshield. The killer is the Logo on the headlight cover it is off center and looks horrible. I'll probably make the investment in the Clearview there as well. It will drive me nuts, so its worth the 60 bucks now to fix it. I'm going to get back to trying to find a photo or two of the bracket installed.
I was the customer that sent the quick hand sketch to get clarification on the mounting procedure. I ended up using the pre-modular mount because the modular mount kept hitting my forks. It will take a lot of grinding to get it to clear the forks. Good luck. I'd like to see the email you got from them with the 50 pictures, if you would care to send it to me.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Chris Pepin
Stage III

Originally Posted by baroth1
I was the customer that sent the quick hand sketch to get clarification on the mounting procedure. I ended up using the pre-modular mount because the modular mount kept hitting my forks. It will take a lot of grinding to get it to clear the forks. Good luck. I'd like to see the email you got from them with the 50 pictures, if you would care to send it to me.
I don't have any issue at all sending the email to you. Just PM me your address and I'll shoot it over.

I did swap the bars out for some 14" apes and Harley Davidson polyurethane bushings. I'm having an issue where the bolts for the risers are hitting the bracket myself keeping the fork from a complete turn. I think the new Harley bushings push the bolt head down about a quarter inch lower than the stock rubber. I'm thinking about getting some button head bolts for the risers to see if it helps. The other issue I have is that there are no holes where the headlight bracket attaches to the modular mount... It kind of sucks to drill through new powder coated parts. The on/off game with the fairing trying to figure it all out is getting old pretty quick. For being such a nicely made piece, you would have thought this thing would have a half way decent explanation on the way it should be installed.

I put the project to the side after some frustrations, and some "honey do" items popped up. I'm going Pike fishing this week, I'll pick the project back up when I get home.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:29 AM
baroth1
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Chris Pepin;15395345]I don't have any issue at all sending the email to you. Just PM me your address and I'll shoot it over. QUOTE]

PM sent, and thanks.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Ezp19
Stage III

hey thanks for the info chris. I was also wonder if anyone knows what the procedure is or how difficult it is to install speakers if you don't buy a set up with them already installed?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:29 AM
Pineapplegti
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vacant House fxr fairing with super super rare Cibie concave 7 inch. Next are big Als defender bags.
Name:  20160815_142322_zpsrcpve6ao.jpg
Views: 5894
Size:  416.4 KB
Name:  IMG_20160815_153902_zpss1o8isun.jpg
Views: 7056
Size:  421.8 KB
Name:  20160810_175854_zpsfxd9foxn.jpg
Views: 8452
Size:  298.4 KB

The following users liked this post:
jyx (09-08-2023)
Old 08-26-2016, 01:19 PM