Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Harley Owner- 2014 Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 09:05 AM
Birddogcof
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Harley Owner- 2014 Fat Bob

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker and first time poster. I recently made the decision to purchase my first Harley bike after coming from a Suzuki 800cc Intruder and a Honda VTX 1800cc. Both bikes were nice but just not what I was wanting in a bike. So I went to my local HD dealership, Wolverine HD, in Macomb, MI and purchased this bad boy.

How it was when I bought it.

Only extras on it were the sissy bar and some Vance and Hines slip-ons. Well, that didn't last too long. I took the bike to a good friend of mine in Lapeer to have some work done at Ray C's Harley. Here are some progress pics.

Having Exhaust, Hi-Intake Air Cleaner and TMan 555s Cams installed.

Closer look to were the Cams are going

So finally got done and here is what it looks like from the dealer when the delivered it!!!

Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 1;<br/>RSD Speed 5 air intake and<br/>TMan 555 Cams

So i got the bike home and added a few more accessories to it myself. I upgraded the Speedometer to the HD one with the Tach and gazillion light combos. Also upgraded the gas caps to the flush mount gas caps.

New Speedo

Before...

and after!

Overall the bike is starting to look more and more how I want it. I also installed some HD Nostalgic Hand grips onto the bike. They are comfortable and fit my hand great. I did buy an alarm system with the Smart Siren and have a tech willing to do the work at my house. I am just having a heck of a time finding where to install the siren on the bike. Everything else I know where it goes. The new module and antenna; but the siren, I cannot figure out where to install it. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Well hope you enjoy the bike pics. It is a blast to work on. I rather do the minor stuff myself that way I can get to know the bike. Thanks for reading and please ride safe everyone!!

Now if only the stupid snow would go away!!!!
~~Birddogcof~~

Last edited by Birddogcof; 01-31-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:05 AM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Sweet. Super nice fat bob.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:06 AM
FatBobMark
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The siren goes behind the side cover on left side of bike. I put mine in as it was wired and flashed the lights when you moved the bike to much, just no sound. Look the siren up on the Harley site and click on the instructions. Good luck!

Old 01-31-2016, 10:52 AM
Birddogcof
Novice

Here is the siren I have:

It is a pain in the @$$ trying to find anything on the web about this Siren. Wonder if it is any good. Thoughts?

I did see some instructions FatBobMark. Looks like I need to pull the whole unit out on the left side. Here is the diagram I found, though my siren has no Antenna.

Last edited by Birddogcof; 01-31-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:50 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Welcome from NorCal

Old 01-31-2016, 02:39 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum. The Fat Bob looks great, wondering what tuner you went with.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:42 PM
Birddogcof
Novice

Originally Posted by nevil
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum. The Fat Bob looks great, wondering what tuner you went with.
Went with the Screamin Eagle Pro Super tuner.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:19 PM
StoneJack
2nd Gear

Looking pretty good.

I got the same model recently. Just upgraded from a Sportster. I was going to wait until I got the thing paid off before doing any major add ons but I think I am going to need some saddle bags and maybe some louder pipes to get started.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:54 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

When I installed mine, I had to pull the entire electrical caddy out and put it in behind that unit. Mine had an antennae attached that is routed up under the seat and is covered with a velcro type strap across the frame under the seat (just like your diagram shows).

Old 01-31-2016, 10:12 PM
Dyna rider 78
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome from Michigan and congrats on the new bike. Im about 10 mins from that dealership.

Quick Reply: New Harley Owner- 2014 Fat Bob