Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with auto compression removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 04:50 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Help with auto compression removal

Hi all, can anyone tell me how best to remove my automatic compression releases from my old heads to my new ones?

Old 02-13-2016, 04:59 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Pic

Old 02-13-2016, 06:02 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

There is a HD tool for that, about $40. I have one you could borrow but it would take about a week to get to ya. The part # is in my Engine Build Thread, I would look if you need it?

Old 02-13-2016, 06:08 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

HD 94048-09 is the part.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 02-13-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:29 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 732 Likes on 503 Posts

In the end, you just have to accept tools as incidental to the cause, don't include them in the cost of working on your bike.

Buy them, of course, the cheaper you can buy/find them the better but in the end, buy them and ignore them as a cost.

It's like, if the wife wants earrings and thinks she deserves them because she has suspicions that you're spending too much money on your bike.
So, you have to resort to mathematics. There are numerous formulas to arrive at the right amount you tell your wife when pressed about how much money it costs to maintain your fix.

Don't get me wrong, when pressed hard by the Mrs. I just close her out of the money and ignore her, (remember, life is short, don't get wrapped up in her feelings, when you're dead, you absolutely won't give a **** about her feelings).

But, for the short term, divide all costs associated with your bike by 10, cut that in half and claim a fifth of that as the cost for the stuff you do.

And then finish off the conversation with a dumb look, something like Jerry Lewis would do when confused.

Bam, you're off scott free to continue with your mission without having to waste money on earrings for stupid Valentines day

Now then, buy the tools with reckless abandon

Last edited by Suede Blue Man; 02-13-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:37 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Alan. I'll cruise by my dealer first and see if they have one. I appreciate the offer though

Old 02-13-2016, 07:38 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Suede, you are the absolute best...

Old 02-14-2016, 05:06 AM
Frédéric CM
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

(edit)

Last edited by Frédéric CM; 02-16-2016 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:47 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

I cut out the side of a socket (think they 3/8", like spark plug)

Old 02-14-2016, 05:53 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
In the end, you just have to accept tools as incidental to the cause, don't include them in the cost of working on your bike.

Buy them, of course, the cheaper you can buy/find them the better but in the end, buy them and ignore them as a cost.

It's like, if the wife wants earrings and thinks she deserves them because she has suspicions that you're spending too much money on your bike.
So, you have to resort to mathematics. There are numerous formulas to arrive at the right amount you tell your wife when pressed about how much money it costs to maintain your fix.

Don't get me wrong, when pressed hard by the Mrs. I just close her out of the money and ignore her, (remember, life is short, don't get wrapped up in her feelings, when you're dead, you absolutely won't give a **** about her feelings).

But, for the short term, divide all costs associated with your bike by 10, cut that in half and claim a fifth of that as the cost for the stuff you do.

And then finish off the conversation with a dumb look, something like Jerry Lewis would do when confused.

Bam, you're off scott free to continue with your mission without having to waste money on earrings for stupid Valentines day

Now then, buy the tools with reckless abandon
I see you and I have similar math fudgery.

Quick Reply: Help with auto compression removal