Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIDEMYBIKEMIKE'S 2008 Bob to Bagger build FLDYNA

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Thanks for posting Ride. Always nice to see what people are doing and how their solving issues. I like the changes. Keep going.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:10 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Originally Posted by ridemybikeMike

Side note, this post is now up to date. Today (Fri) I found a nice used set of 2011 flhx 12" gloss black rear air shocks! Only 100 and the guy deliver to my job today hahah. Awesome! Got em mounted but haven't ran any air thru em. From my research on here, should be a nice cheap Lil upgrade.

I'm interested in your opinion after riding with those Touring shocks on your Dyna

Old 02-27-2016, 01:02 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,099 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
I'm interested in your opinion after riding with those Touring shocks on your Dyna
I tried them, even changed to a heavier oil in an attempt to make them acceptable. Though many are happy with them on Sportsters I found them very unacceptable on my Dyna. I hope you have better luck than I did. The mounting points make for way to much leverage on the Dyna's in my opinion.

(edit) Mine are for sale if anyone is interested. $100 + shipping

Old 02-27-2016, 01:11 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
I tried them, even changed to a heavier oil in an attempt to make them acceptable. Though many are happy with them on Sportsters I found them very unacceptable on my Dyna. I hope you have better luck than I did. The mounting points make for way to much leverage on the Dyna's in my opinion.

(edit) Mine are for sale if anyone is interested. $100 + shipping
yeah good info... that's what i was getting at. Without actually using them, i would suspect they may not be what the OP is looking for for the same reason you stated. It's all physics.

More appropriately re-purposed on Sportster and FXR.

But always interested in getting someone's "Take"

Old 02-27-2016, 01:31 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

yeah good info... that's what i was getting at. Without actually using them, i would suspect they may not be what the OP is looking for for the same reason you stated. It's all physics.

More appropriately re-purposed on Sportster and FXR.

But always interested in getting someone's "Take"
They are actually OK if what you are looking for is the ride and handling of a 55 Caddy with worn out shocks.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:45 PM
ridemybikeMike
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
Mike, Nice work of transforming your bike. It's coming along nicely.

On a different note: what are you doing with your brake pedal. I see you have added an elevated section on top of the factory pedal. Are you having problems pressing the brake or what?
With the floorboards it's pretry difficult to get a good push on the stock pedal. I just added some aluminum with spacers to lift the pedal an inch or so. The adjustments on the rear master won't budge for some reason....

Old 02-27-2016, 01:50 PM
ridemybikeMike
Advanced

I will keep the post updated as best I can. So far I got them mounted but haven't had nice enough weather here in IL to go ride .

Old 02-27-2016, 01:53 PM
ridemybikeMike
Advanced

They are actually OK if what you are looking for is the ride and handling of a 55 Caddy with worn out shocks.
I only weight 160 and my lady is 95lbs so together with about 15lbs of air from my research should be good. IL have to see how they worktho. I appreciate your wisdom

Old 02-27-2016, 03:07 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ridemybikeMike
I only weight 160 and my lady is 95lbs so together with about 15lbs of air from my research should be good. IL have to see how they worktho. I appreciate your wisdom
I did the research also. Then tried it and it did not work out for me even at 50 LBS they just floated down the highway and no matter what I tried they still bottomed out. I honestly do hope you have better luck than I did.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:18 PM
ridemybikeMike
Advanced

I did the research also. Then tried it and it did not work out for me even at 50 LBS they just floated down the highway and no matter what I tried they still bottomed out. I honestly do hope you have better luck than I did.
I'm hoping soo too. They def feel softer than the stick shocks when they are empty. I'm working on a custom airline setup to do away with the cheap push pull rivit thing. I primarily wanted them because of the black cylinder instead of the chrome exposed spring. Thought it would fit my build better with the rest of what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the heads up. I.better get it filled up and on the road before I leave them . I always got the original ones or could buy something else if they don't work out so I'm not super worried.

Quick Reply: RIDEMYBIKEMIKE'S 2008 Bob to Bagger build FLDYNA