Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp Gauge question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:16 PM
betho61
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Temp Gauge question

Has anyone here ever heard or tried one of these temp gauges?
I am seriously wanting to buy one, they seem like there good according to the reviews on his website?
http://www.jescustomaccents.com/prod...&categoryId=37

Old 03-03-2016, 10:16 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Oil Temp

Just something else to worry about...As long as your bike is smooth running, you don't need an oil temp gage.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:38 PM
JDisME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the digital ones made by HD but I'm putting big radius 2 - 2 on my bike and i don't think the cap will fit lol.

But Dyna Rider is right. If the bike is running smooth, do you even really care to know?

Old 03-03-2016, 03:37 PM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had one for a couple of years. Works great, reasonably accurate. I'm satisfied with it. I originally purchased the oil-filled model. Mistake. Oil leaked out in about a month. But JES replaced it at no cost to me (with a dry one this time). That one has done great. The oil-filled isn't necessary anyway, as the needle on the dry one is very stable. Doesn't bounce around at all (at least any more than my A engine bounces around ).

The following users liked this post:
betho61 (03-07-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 03:44 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

I've got the HD digital one and like it so far. Some have had problems with them, related to heat. I think you need to consider placement and how close the gauge itself will be to pipes when installed.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

I've got an oil-filled one - had it for three or four years 30,000km without an issue. The oil hasn't come out of mine, though I've heard of some that have. It's super easy to glance down and see what's going on temp-wise. I don't think the oil is necessary (for vibrations at least - it probably does help stop the interior glass from fogging up), but it looks kinda cool!

Old 03-04-2016, 01:17 AM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by betho61
Has anyone here ever heard or tried one of these temp gauges?
I am seriously wanting to buy one, they seem like there good according to the reviews on his website?
http://www.jescustomaccents.com/prod...&categoryId=37
All these temp gauges are a waste of money unless your bike has a history of overheating regularly.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:25 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
All these temp gauges are a waste of money unless your bike has a history of overheating regularly.
Deciding for other people what constitutes a waste of their money is simply an exercise in righteous hive-think. Some folks prefer gauges to idiot lights on the dash of their car, some don't. There are two reasons essentially, not to have an accessory and both are entirely personal. Either you don't want it or you can't afford it.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:21 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I like the idea of the accessible data, but I'd rather see an electronic sender in the adapter pod and a small digital multi-function display that could access multiple sensors. (air temp, oil temp, rpm, speed, gear, etc.)

That said, my bike has one gauge. Speed.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:18 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

"All these temp gauges are a waste of money unless your bike has a history of overheating regularly."

Yup, and there's no need to to check your tire pressure unless you get flats regularly.

Information is a luxury you don't need, mostly.

Quick Reply: Temp Gauge question