Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S Motorcycle Lift... Why Didn't I Do This Sooner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 07:43 AM
HarleyBob52
Road Warrior
Received 624 Likes on 289 Posts

I don't see the specs on their site... What is the lowered height of the jack?? No problems getting it under the Dyna?

Old 03-24-2016, 07:55 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I'm jealous of you guy's garages. I wish I had that much room!

Old 03-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyBob52
I don't see the specs on their site... What is the lowered height of the jack?? No problems getting it under the Dyna?
It gets low, slides right under my Dyna.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:05 AM
MONDOMAN
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2004 FXD, and when using the Sears Yellow Jack, I was told you had to also use the Harley Davidson adapter blocks to prevent lifting stress on the transmission. I now have a 2015 Dyna Low rider. Are the Harley Davidson adaptor blocks needed with the J&S lift? Thanks MONDOMAN

Old 03-24-2016, 08:07 AM
scott504
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MONDOMAN
I had a 2004 FXD, and when using the Sears Yellow Jack, I was told you had to also use the Harley Davidson adapter blocks to prevent lifting stress on the transmission. I now have a 2015 Dyna Low rider. Are the Harley Davidson adaptor blocks needed with the J&S lift? Thanks MONDOMAN
No adapter blocks needed for your Low Rider.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:10 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyBob52
I just walked out and measured mine. The left arms when in the lowered position are slightly lower in the front than rear. At the front, the top of the lift arms are 4" from floor at the mid point of the lift arms they are just a bit less than 4.5 inches.
My dyna is an 08 FXDWG stock height, has not been lowered. With the bike on the sidestand it slides under with plenty of clearance.

I position my jack so that the front lift arm slides under just in front of the sidestand this lets the rear lift arm clear the frame guard on the right side of the bike. Once the jack is under the bike you never have to touch or hold the bike, once you start cranking the jack up the bike lifts off the sidestand and settles perfect on the jack. Going down I just slightly crack the valve on the jack and let it come down slowly to rest itself on the sidestand, again you never feel like you have to touch or hold the bike

Old 03-24-2016, 08:13 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by MONDOMAN
It clears everything on a Dyna. You are lifting on the frame only, no worries about coming into contact with trans. Best of all no adapters needed and it sits perfectly level. The issue with the Sears/HF and various other jacks is that the distance between the lift arms are to narrow. No matter how you position it the back lift arm will be lifting on the extended frame rail on the right side, to compensate you have to use the HD adapter blocks or otherwise block up the left side or modify the jack. The J&S lift arms are spaced wider apart which give you the clearance you need as well as more stability when the bike is lifted

Last edited by Mxdad; 03-24-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:02 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

This is a couple more shots that I took yesterday, it may help everyone see how this lift fits under the Dyna. No adapter blocks, it slides right under my '13 Wide Glide with no problems. It's correctly designed to work with the Dyna, tucks right in and even misses the jiffy stand bumper

And Mxdad is right on the money, the only negative about this lift is I waited so long to buy it! Oh, there is actually another negative. Now I can finally see under the bike and my OCD has kicked in; she's not as clean as I thought

The following users liked this post:
Mxdad (03-24-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 09:10 AM
JHP
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Sale on NOW

Originally Posted by gtfm
What does it cost and where did you get it. Bike looks great.
J&S has a sale on right nor for a 20% discount on shipping. Don't forget to consider the "oil drain pan" option.

Last edited by JHP; 03-24-2016 at 09:12 AM. Reason: sp
Old 03-24-2016, 09:15 AM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

very nice. 400 is cheap insurance that a 600lb+ bike won't fall off on top of you.

Quick Reply: J&S Motorcycle Lift... Why Didn't I Do This Sooner?