Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S Motorcycle Lift... Why Didn't I Do This Sooner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 06:58 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts
Default J&S Motorcycle Lift... Why Didn't I Do This Sooner?

Notified by FedEx, a 90 pound box was delivered today. Blew off work, went home and lost the suit and tie.

The J&S lift finally arrived. Took 30 minutes to unpack, assemble, and lift the Wide Glide. Slick as snot. No more fooling around with modding cheap teetering lifts or using adapter blocks. This beastie went up as smooth as anything you could imagine.

Why did I wait so long to spend the cash on this lift? Stupid. No more butt pucker moments. I could kick myself for not buying this lift sooner. Solid, my girl isn't going to fall. Now, the work can begin; tires, new Big Brake rotor, Rocker Lockers.

This lift was worth every penny it costs, spendy but I don't care. She's safe and I don't have worry. This lift is a must own for every Dyna owner, it works perfectly

Old 03-23-2016, 07:08 PM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Definitely worth the money!

Old 03-23-2016, 07:22 PM
scott504
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks vaguely familiar!

Old 03-23-2016, 07:30 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by scott504
Looks vaguely familiar!
Indeed it does! Thanks for the images, I can't believe how slick this lift works

Old 03-23-2016, 07:39 PM
gtfm
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does it cost and where did you get it. Bike looks great.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:57 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

You can get the J&S HERE

It is a bit on the more expensive side, but with the amount of money I've spent on cheap lifts and modding them to work with the Dyna's this lift is worth the price of admission. It's absolutely solid. I used to strap the bike down 3 ways from Sunday and it still would move on the modded lifts. I sat on the bike with it in the highest position on the J&S. She's not moving. I've been hanging out in the garage enjoying an adult beverage looking at the Wide Glide sitting there on the lift, I'm still in a bit in shock how well this lift works

Old 03-23-2016, 09:25 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Careful, you'll **** off all the Harbor Freight riff-raff that thinks the J&S jack is all a bunch of hogwash and then they'll start telling you how they took their HF jack and how it held up the neighbors bike along with theirs both at the same time and was as solid as the Rock of Gibraltar!

Last edited by OldEnuf2NoBtr; 03-23-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:40 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
You can get the J&S HERE

It is a bit on the more expensive side, but with the amount of money I've spent on cheap lifts and modding them to work with the Dyna's this lift is worth the price of admission. It's absolutely solid. I used to strap the bike down 3 ways from Sunday and it still would move on the modded lifts. I sat on the bike with it in the highest position on the J&S. She's not moving. I've been hanging out in the garage enjoying an adult beverage looking at the Wide Glide sitting there on the lift, I'm still in a bit in shock how well this lift works
Now that's an image that gonna stick in my head for a while! Awesome purchase

Old 03-24-2016, 07:15 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I've had mine for years. What's a $400 lift compared to a motorcycle that cost me much more than that. I'll add lining it up can be a pain avoiding the jiffy stand bumper and my floorboards but that would happen with any jack.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

You made a smart decision TinCup. The only negative about my J&S Jack is why I did not buy one sooner. I have used the HF jack and a friends Sears jack, read all the post about modifying jacks to fit a Dyna etc.... Not one jack that I have used or seen comes close to the J&S. Yep they are a bit pricey and you have an assortment of various jacks you can buy for half the price. From my experience you have half the jack. I lucked out and found mine for $275 on Craigslist from a guy that had purchased it two years prior and recently sold his bikes. I had researched every jack and it came down to the J&S and a Pitbull, both about the same price. I went with the J&S because it could lift all Harley models with no mods where with the Pitbull you had to get the Dyna specific model. When I decided on the J&S I gave myself two weeks to find one on Craigs list and if that did not happen I would order at full price. Luckily I found one 3 hrs away and jumped on the ad as soon as it was posted.

Like the OP says it works as advertised. I slide it under my bike and never touch the bike as it lifts off the sidestand, same with lowering it. Once its in the air the bike is rock solid and I have never felt the need to use a tiedown strap

As a side note when I found mine on craigslist I talked to the owner who informed me he had purchased it two years before. I called J&S (Nice folks) and informed them that I was looking at one of their jacks on craigslist but would buy new if they had recently done improvements to the jack over the model that was a couple of years old. They informed me that the only changes to the jack happened about 4 years ago when they went from steel wheels to the current poly wheels. They said they never had any issues with the steel wheels but that the new poly wheels allowed the jack to roll easier with the bike on it. So basically if you luck up and find a used one for sale it is going to be the same as the current model

Last edited by Mxdad; 03-24-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Quick Reply: J&S Motorcycle Lift... Why Didn't I Do This Sooner?