Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Badlander Vs. Le Pera Daytona Sport Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 06:15 PM
East_Coast_Dyna_Mike
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default HD Badlander Vs. Le Pera Daytona Sport Comparison

I decided to pick up a Le Pera Daytona Sport. I was looking for a little more back support and thought I'd give it a shot over the Mustang Fastback due to my reading that the passenger comfort on the Le Pera was better than the Mustang.

I put 9,000 miles on the Badlander and had picked it up second hand off eBay. Its a great seat, I've done several hundred mile trips with it and it has never given me great discomfort.

My initial thoughts after putting a few hundred miles on the Le Pera:

Back Support:
The Daytona definitely takes the cake for back support over the Badlander, the Badlander offers next to none. You're more locked into the Daytona, and don't feel like you'll slide under throttle.

Foam/Seat Padding Comfort:
The Daytona has more of a dense foam, feels like a memory foam, almost gel-like. The Badlander, is comfortable, can't really complain about the padding, and again I got it used so I'm not sure how it felt new.

Width:
This is the most noticeable difference between the two. The Daytona is a good 1-2" narrower than the Badlander in the driver's position. The two-up area is nearly the same fender width. I have pretty big legs/thighs but I really haven't noticed much discomfort with a narrower seat. It certainly feels more sport like, similar to a dirt bike where you can really pull your legs in and throw the bike around.

Two-Up Riding:
My girlfriend said she feels more elevated on the Daytona and there is slightly less space from front to back, but the width is the same. She likes the padding on the Daytona over the Badlander. I do notice she doesn't feel as close to me on the Daytona, but I feel more locked in and that she probably has a better grip on me.

I'm curious to see how the Le Pera compares on long rides over several hours. I've really only ripped around on it so far, no great distance rides.

I hope this helps anyone in the market for either seat.

Attached Thumbnails HD Badlander Vs. Le Pera Daytona Sport Comparison-img_1043.jpg   HD Badlander Vs. Le Pera Daytona Sport Comparison-img_1041.jpg   HD Badlander Vs. Le Pera Daytona Sport Comparison-img_1030.jpg   HD Badlander Vs. Le Pera Daytona Sport Comparison-img_1034.jpg   HD Badlander Vs. Le Pera Daytona Sport Comparison-img_1033.jpg  

HD Badlander Vs. Le Pera Daytona Sport Comparison-img_1038.jpg  
Old 03-26-2016, 07:16 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Awesome write up. I have this on my list to get but thought passenger comfort would suck.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:27 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gone through 6 seats and the Daytona is my fav

Old 03-27-2016, 08:32 AM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you selling the LePera?

Old 03-27-2016, 10:19 AM
East_Coast_Dyna_Mike
Cruiser

I'm keeping the Le Pera, the badlander will be up for sale shortly.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:53 AM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

You're tougher than I am, I had a badlander on my FXD for a year and couldn't stand it. *** started to go numb after 60 miles or so every time. Don't know if forwards were part of the problem or what.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:51 AM
East_Coast_Dyna_Mike
Cruiser

Yea, forward controls and mid controls definitely play a difference in rider comfort and how your tailbone and *** are positioned. Some of my friends swear by forward controls, but I prefer mids.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:58 AM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by East_Coast_Dyna_Mike
Yea, forward controls and mid controls definitely play a difference in rider comfort and how your tailbone and *** are positioned. Some of my friends swear by forward controls, but I prefer mids.
Mine came with forwards and after riding a buddies who had mids I found the mids uncomfortable (I have super long legs). I sold the badlander and went with a C&C Fastback and haven't looked back.