Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna S Lounge: FXDL-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 11:22 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna
Here is my '17 LS, there are many like it but this one is mine. Still waiting for my JDFabs fairing to get back from paint. Until then, I'm running an OG Ness fairing I had laying around. Next time I post pics, I'll try not to make them so large.
I like what you've done. How do you like that LD seat? In what position does it put you in relation to the stock seat? It looks like it may push you forward which I'm not looking for..

Old 12-06-2016, 11:44 AM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
I like what you've done. How do you like that LD seat? In what position does it put you in relation to the stock seat? It looks like it may push you forward which I'm not looking for..
Overall I'm satisfied with the LD seat and would recommend it. The seat is quality built with attention to detail I would expect from a $500 seat. I expected a little more comfort from the advertised gel inserts, but the seat remains comfortable even after several hours in the saddle. I also owned a BMC Wall and the LD does not have the initial hard seat break in that my Wall had, however the Wall did feel like the lumbar support went higher up my back.

No comparison with the stock seat. The LD is night and day more comfortable. The LD has much more lumbar support and subjectively it feels like I am sitting up higher and locked into the seat. I do not notice being pushed forward, in fact when I had the stock seat I always felt the need to sit further back, which I no longer have, then again that might be a product of the bars and seat combination. When using my BMC Wall I did feel pushed forward, but that was on an FXDX, so it is sort of comparing green apples and red apples.

Last edited by BFMCdyna; 12-12-2016 at 06:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
stonei3 (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Matthew Austin
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is my '17 LS, there are many like it but this one is mine. Still waiting for my JDFabs fairing to get back from paint. Until then, I'm running an OG Ness fairing I had laying around. Next time I post pics, I'll try not to make them so large.

Looks good. I have the same seat on my 16.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:28 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Austin
Looks good. I have the same seat on my 16.
Now that I've seen a pic of my bike next to yours with a full fender, I realize just how much better that looks. Are you using an OEM steel fender? Does anyone have any experience with the fiberglass rear fenders out there?

Old 12-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Matthew Austin
Advanced

Now that I've seen a pic of my bike next to yours with a full fender, I realize just how much better that looks. Are you using an OEM steel fender? Does anyone have any experience with the fiberglass rear fenders out there?
Yeah it's the stock fender off of a fxdl. I really like it a lot.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:03 AM
HotRodNut
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Put a deposit on one last night, has the 117 kit and Vance and Hines 2 into 1 with the super-tuner. Test road and not even close to half twist of the throttle tells me this thing is going to be awesome!
Hopefully pick it this weekend........

Old 12-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Matthew Austin
Advanced

Originally Posted by HotRodNut
Put a deposit on one last night, has the 117 kit and Vance and Hines 2 into 1 with the super-tuner. Test road and not even close to half twist of the throttle tells me this thing is going to be awesome!
Hopefully pick it this weekend........
That's awesome. I want the 117 kit

Old 12-10-2016, 01:06 PM
deewright
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problems

I have had my S since May this year.
I noticed a few weeks ago a V- Inner code on starting.
Always look after the battery, it goes on charge every Friday evening, just to keep the battery in good condition.
Ran the bike out 2 weeks ago, and found it started really hard.
Rode to Riders of Bristol with my partner who has a Rushmore glide.
I ask them to check out the hard starting issue.
They tried a new battery as they thought it was the problem, but this was not the case.
I left the bike with them as any problems would be fixed on warranty.
They called to say they had checked all the wiring, no issues and they found the fault was with the starter motor.
They replaced this.
They also replaced the battery as they felt this may have been damaged trying to turn the starter over.
Collected the bike today, all fixed, and a perfect level of service from these guys.
I cannot recommend them enough.
Just wish all Harley dealers were that easy to work with.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:22 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 141 Posts

Well buying the bike on black Friday weekend apparently wasn't enough of a Christmas present to myself, I just ordered a bassani road rage 3 and a power vision tuner. Hopefully it makes the bike even more fun than it already is. Now if I could just find a good deal on a dyna full rear fender I'd feel satisfied for a little while...lol

Old 12-11-2016, 07:59 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
Well buying the bike on black Friday weekend apparently wasn't enough of a Christmas present to myself, I just ordered a bassani road rage 3 and a power vision tuner. Hopefully it makes the bike even more fun than it already is. Now if I could just find a good deal on a dyna full rear fender I'd feel satisfied for a little while...lol
Right on!! For a little while being a few days. Good stuff. That full rear fender is appealing...

Quick Reply: Dyna S Lounge: FXDL-S