Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD 6 inch curved pullback risers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 03:40 PM
BuzzFXDF
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD 6 inch curved pullback risers

Hi. I just picked up a 2009 Fat Bob. I wanted some more pullback with the stock handlebars so I ordered the HD pullback risers # 56267-09.

Does anyone have experience with these, especially installing them? I am a novice when it comes to doing work or mods on my bikes. From the looks of everything it should be pretty easy?

Also, does anyone know the stock height of the black risers that come with the 09 Fatbob? I looked it up and some say 4 inches or 6 inches.

I asked about installation because I really don't want to go to the stealership to have them installed unless I really have to.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:59 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Best bet maybe put a tape measure on existing risers? Changing just risers should be a fairly easy task, just be careful as to not ding tank or fenders? Also double check to insure a different top clamp is not needed? It sucks to get into a mod and have the wrong part?
As a thought You may want to look into a service manual and parts book for your ride, great reference material.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:15 PM
BuzzFXDF
6th Gear

Originally Posted by rowan
Best bet maybe put a tape measure on existing risers? Changing just risers should be a fairly easy task, just be careful as to not ding tank or fenders? Also double check to insure a different top clamp is not needed? It sucks to get into a mod and have the wrong part?
As a thought You may want to look into a service manual and parts book for your ride, great reference material.
I will measure them. I watched a few videos and most people put down a towel or a used to shirt when they disconnect everything. I think this comes with a top clamp, I am sure of it. Fitment states 1.25 inch bars so I am guessing it is compatible. Thank you for the answer.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:57 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

They will bolt on easy, put towel on tank as handlebar will have to rest on it

Put towel on fender as well, you do need the red locktite

Old 05-02-2016, 07:20 PM
BuzzFXDF
6th Gear

Thanks. I will probably do them sometime this week. I will take a picture.